Can't find Saiga 7.62x39... been looking for two months now

Well, I've been looking for Saiga 7.62x39 for quite some time now and couldn't find a vender who has them at decent price.

Only place I found is gunbroker and they want around $500...

Anyone know where to find one at decent price?

Also who has the one w/ dimples? I would like to pick one w/ dimple and one w/o one.

thanks

The prices seem to be running between $400-500 right now. At my local gun shop, he gets some in upon occasion and they run $450. He never knows when he will get them so put your name in at your local shops, ya never know! Anyhow, expect to pay that price. Also, keep an eye out on your local papers...people are starting to sell them due to the economy...you might luck up.

Well, I've been looking for Saiga 7.62x39 for quite some time now and couldn't find a vender who has them at decent price.

Only place I found is gunbroker and they want around $500...

Anyone know where to find one at decent price?

Also who has the one w/ dimples? I would like to pick one w/ dimple and one w/o one.

thanks

Well I was at a gun shop yesterday and the 39, 223 were $460 plus tax in PA I paid $499 for mine 4 months ago!

we put a pair of tan furniture conversions on gunbroker the other day, in x39. They were sitting around half finished for a while now, and we needed a break from doing 12's over and over and over and over, so we finished them off and put em up to get them moved out, and also to test the market right now.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124926029

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124939409

you are more than welcome to bid on them.

Got x39 with 20" just 2 weeks ago for $475. Did a quick conversion, thankfully had all the parts in advance.

I love this beast. No regrets, i've got exactly what i wanted.

Its here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=37175

My advise: if you can afford paying extra $25 for the toy then just do it. No one knows what the price will be i a month, but one thing for sue, it will not go down

It's funny, when I got my Saiga 223, I loved it. Super well built and accurate. I really wanted the 7.62, though. My dealer didn't have any Siaga 7.62, but had a nice, straight, matching numbers GP WASR 10/63 he traded me with 500 ammo for the conversion since his friend wanted a converted 223 Saiga. Well I got the WASR because it was the caliber I wanted. Even though it was really good for a WASR, I MISSED the Saiga! I did not want to "settle" for a WASR after owning a Saiga.

Thankfully my dealer got in a 7.62 Saiga in. I still hadn't fired the WASR, so I asked if he would take it for the Saiga and some ammo. Since he sells WASRs faster than Saigas, he did the trade and included 600 Golden tiger. Now I have the rifle I want (Saiga) in the Caliber I want (7.62x39). I am happy! :rolleyes: