7.62 or .223 saiga

I'm been pretty set to buy a saiga carbine at a local shop here. I'm trying to decide between the 7.62x39 or the .223, I initially put down a deposit on a 7.62 that they were out of stock of, because it's cheaper ammo and has a little more kick.

Since then I've read that some people say the trigger setup on the .223 saigas is actually better and they shoot 1"+ smaller groups? Also i've heard that bulgarian .223 30rd clips fit with no mods to the gun while you have to mod a 7.62 to get hi-cap capability.

If the .223s shoot that much better it would offset the cost of more expensive ammo. Any advice or preference from people who have shot both would be appreciated.

I own both and I have to admit that the 223 version is a little more accurate than the 30 Combloc version, but there is absolutely no technical reason for it to be so. My advice would be to get the one in 30 Combloc, and put the money away that you save by not having to buy 223 ammo and when you get enough, buy a Saiga in 223!

The guns are literally identical.

I don't know about the plastic Bulgar mags; I use Weigers (East German). I had to modify the mag catch on both rifles, The mod conosists of removing about 1/32 of an inch with a Dremel cutoff from the top of the catch lever. Took about 2 minutes on each rifle. I do not think that a mag catch mod should part of your decision process.