Krinkov folding stock idea.

So, here's the deal.

I bought one of these:

bfs_lg.jpg

and had the bright idea that I wanted to wrap the upper and lower 'legs', if you will, with black 550 paracord. Like you see people do with the ACE skeleton stocks, where they wrap the tube with paracord, like this:

ARFXParaWrap1-602w.jpg

or this:

JeradsCordWrapARFX.jpg

The only problem I can see is that the upper and lower legs are more semi-circular than completely round. The open ends don't feel like they're the least bit sharp enough to cut the cord, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Has anyone else tried this, or know of someone that has? Pics? Pros/cons?

I've built several AKS-74s. The edges aren't sharp. Depending on how thick your cord is, it might not let it fold as it should.

Most folks spend $$$$ trying to get a real Russian field dressing to stick in it. . . :haha:

Edited by nalioth

If you are that worried about it jam a piece of rubber hose down in the channel of the stock before winding.

However for it to be a problem you must expect to be winding that thing super tight!