Saiga .308 pinned on muzzle brake

I was talking to Joe at King Armory today about a muzzle brake that would pin on a Saiga .308 barrel. We discussed one without a front sight base for those of us who will only shoot the rifle with a scope and another with a FSB silver soldered on the brake for those who want to keep the option of iron sights. What is your take on this? Thanks, Paul

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be doing a lot of barrel work and installations once the new shop is up and running. Hoping to have new machinery turning in the new facility in April

Man I can't wait to see some designs. I keep coming back to check every few hours too I'm getting obsessed.

Great to hear you guys are getting setup and ready to roll with your newly outfitted shop. It's a great feeling!   Joe I think there would be a huge market for a flash hider as well. Something that

Posted Images

Pinned on muzzle brakes are just a shortcut for people who can't/won't do it right and thread their muzzle. Not trying to offend, just stating my opinion (retail value=$.02).

What he's talking about is a brake that is drilled at the same locations as the FSB pins. Basically, the FSB would come out, the brake would go on, and the same pins would go back in the holes. We thread a LOT of barrels, and Saiga barrels are the biggest PITA to do without pulling the barrel. I am a purist about this stuff and would thread my own barrel, but I'm also a realist and know that a lot of folks wouldn't want to pay the 1-1.5 hrs of shop time needed to thread a barrel solely to install a brake on. Also just FYI, our pinned-on brakes hold tighter tolerances than a threaded one, with a zero fit there is near perfect concentricity. We thought long and hard about the options before designing our pin setup, it was a superior option compared to trying to thread barrels on a lathe or using a mickey-mouse die and guide setup which won't cut true enough for a close-tolerance brake.

I am very interested in either or since threading is out of the option for me. I made a post a while back regarding this and I appreciate king armory doing a follow up. Still waiting intently and do you guys have an installation service for these brakes?

I am very interested in either or since threading is out of the option for me. I made a post a while back regarding this and I appreciate king armory doing a follow up. Still waiting intently and do you guys have an installation service for these brakes?

We will be doing a lot of barrel work and installations once the new shop is up and running. Hoping to have new machinery turning in the new facility in April

• Like 1

I can wait until April or even later actually I'm in no rush. I'm still waiting for my FCG from Dinzag so my parts for my conversion should be ready around then.

Pinned on muzzle brakes are just a shortcut for people who can't/won't do it right and thread their muzzle. Not trying to offend, just stating my opinion (retail value=$.02).

What he's talking about is a brake that is drilled at the same locations as the FSB pins. Basically, the FSB would come out, the brake would go on, and the same pins would go back in the holes. We thread a LOT of barrels, and Saiga barrels are the biggest PITA to do without pulling the barrel. I am a purist about this stuff and would thread my own barrel, but I'm also a realist and know that a lot of folks wouldn't want to pay the 1-1.5 hrs of shop time needed to thread a barrel solely to install a brake on. Also just FYI, our pinned-on brakes hold tighter tolerances than a threaded one, with a zero fit there is near perfect concentricity. We thought long and hard about the options before designing our pin setup, it was a superior option compared to trying to thread barrels on a lathe or using a mickey-mouse die and guide setup which won't cut true enough for a close-tolerance brake.

Thanks for jumping in there King Armory! I guess I wasn't specific enough about it being pinned on using the same pin slots where the FSB was pinned on. Looks like this thread is still rockin! Thanks guys, Paul

I could use one of these. I could also use one for the 7.62X39 Saiga. Please post here if these become available!

I'm fairly certain that there are pinned on brakes for the 7.62X39 saiga available. I think DPH arms offer a clip on one also.

If its a 74 type FSB with 24x1.5mm threads that pin into the already existing pin holes count me in for atleast one. I have bitched about this before, finally someone is getting it together. Just remove the factory and replace with an 74 type FSB is easier than the process of having to thread the barrel. Caus its not just threading the barrel.

I was talking to Joe at King Armory today about a muzzle brake that would pin on a Saiga .308 barrel. We discussed one without a front sight base for those of us who will only shoot the rifle with a scope and another with a FSB silver soldered on the brake for those who want to keep the option of iron sights. What is your take on this? Thanks, Paul

Count me in for one with the FSB.

Alright, we'll start doing some CAD work on it. We'll get some renderings up and get some feedback from y'all before we finalize anything.

Man I can't wait to see some designs. I keep coming back to check every few hours too I'm getting obsessed.

Edited by XXasdf
  • Like 1
We're going to debut a new brake/suppressor layout with this new product. We were debating whether to scale up the KA-1230 or roll out the new brake type, looks like we're going to run the new version.

Great news but how about a pinned unit (with or without FSB) for us guys that want to shorten our barrels? My 308's muzzle dia would be .690" at the cut or do you have a KA-1230 version that would work?

Great news but how about a pinned unit (with or without FSB) for us guys that want to shorten our barrels? My 308's muzzle dia would be .690" at the cut or do you have a KA-1230 version that would work?

The KA-1230 won't work in that application since it is only .748" in diameter itself. We'll have some larger .308 brakes coming out around summer that we may be able to configure for this application if there is enough demand.