Saiga .308 pinned on muzzle brake

We're working on it currently, we are getting the new shop squared away and getting customer parts, jobs, and CAD work knocked out as fast as we can. Me and Pete have been working 12-16 hrs/6 days a week lately getting the new shop up to speed, we'll be spitting out new stuff and CAD renderings in the upcoming weeks.

Any progress on my market of one muzzle break? heh, just letting you know i still havent lost faith in ya, glad to hear your product line is expanding.

Ordered 14x1LH Die from DPH.

As always DIY is the best way to go

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be doing a lot of barrel work and installations once the new shop is up and running. Hoping to have new machinery turning in the new facility in April

Man I can't wait to see some designs. I keep coming back to check every few hours too I'm getting obsessed.

Great to hear you guys are getting setup and ready to roll with your newly outfitted shop. It's a great feeling!   Joe I think there would be a huge market for a flash hider as well. Something that

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one on the top in the photo would be nice to have .

I have a couple of the one on top. They are the actual Russian Izhmash FSB/FHs. Unfortunately I don't have enough to go around so I am either looking at having them duplicated here in the U.S. or import enough direct from the source. I'll post again on it when I have some sort of resolution to this.

We will have a new brake for the .308 coming out soon as well, if any of you live in Kommie states let us know and we can pin&weld the brake on the new FSB before shipping it to you.

We are starting the CAD work on this FSB project and will be getting this into production as quickly as we can. We hope to have the CAD renderings available within the next two weeks.

Put me down for one please. Any updates on these? Thanks.

Edited by Bobriden1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any news on the FSB break/hiders? I am furiously interested in one. I just finished my FCG conversion and am ready for a break/hider to complete the rifle. I appreciate the fantastic work that KA does so please dont charge me an Idiot tax for asking :lolol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have used a couple of different quick attach devices to add threads to an S-.308. BOTH with catastrophic results. It is not an easy thing to make due to the odd shape of the shroud. I highly recommend that you thread the barrel itself, or have it done professionally.Several vendor here rent the tools and will counter bore the sight so it will mount one pin hole to the rear.

post-526-12692121646017_thumb.jpg

You dont want this to happen!

I know everybody says you need to go with the threaded one. But I can't have a threaded brake in my state, and if I were to thread my barrel and weld it on, I would be braking the law until I had the brake welded/pinned on permanently... Point is, pin on brake would be super awesome for me, but what ever happened to it? The SGM one looks freaking huge, would be like shooting a rifle with a bayonet mounted on it... Please?

I know everybody says you need to go with the threaded one. But I can't have a threaded brake in my state, and if I were to thread my barrel and weld it on, I would be braking the law until I had the brake welded/pinned on permanently... Point is, pin on brake would be super awesome for me, but what ever happened to it? The SGM one looks freaking huge, would be like shooting a rifle with a bayonet mounted on it... Please?

I just purchased the SGM break. I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive about it at first because I would prefer a threaded barrel but don't really trust myself just yet threading my own (a Smith is not an option because there are none close enough to where I live that will even work on a Saiga). I read a thread a long time ago on here about a "soon to be released" replacement FSB with an integrated break, so I waited a while for that and its STILL not out. I did a bit of research on prices and to rent the tools from Dinzag + the cost of shipping + the cost of a muzzle break would be almost equal to the cost of the SGM break. So I bought it. Now that it is installed, it really doesn't look that huge, not as big as it looks in the pics. It is definitely big, but not so big that it will have any negative effects. I have yet to shoot my 22" 308 with it yet, but from what I've read here, the recoil reduction more than compensates for it bulkiness.

• 5 weeks later...

Pinned on muzzle brakes are just a shortcut for people who can't/won't do it right and thread their muzzle. Not trying to offend, just stating my opinion (retail value=$.02).

Like the Russians?

frontsight_side.jpg

The NDM-86 and SVD have a front sight assembly that incorporates the flash hider and bayonet lug. The entire unit is pressed onto the end of the barrel and held in place by two cross pins.

Pinned on muzzle brakes are just a shortcut for people who can't/won't do it right and thread their muzzle. Not trying to offend, just stating my opinion (retail value=$.02).

Like the Russians?

frontsight_side.jpg

The NDM-86 and SVD have a front sight assembly that incorporates the flash hider and bayonet lug. The entire unit is pressed onto the end of the barrel and held in place by two cross pins.

Do you know the barrel OD at the muzzle of a SVD, or if it would be possible to put one of these on a S308, and better yet, where one of these FSB/FH bayo-lug combos would be available for purchase? One of these bad boys sure would look nice on a Saiga. I've seen the SVD style FH on one before, but I don't think Ive seen the combo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread was started over a year ago and there is still nothing even mentioning it on the KA web page. If I read correctly, they said that they scrapped the project and if you want a FSB/break to send your factory FSB to them and they would weld a break onto it. I could be mistaken though. Read through this thread completely and look for the King Armory posts. It might help you make a decision if you are waiting for this FSB/Break combo to come out...010.gif

• 2 months later...
I am very interested in either or since threading is out of the option for me. I made a post a while back regarding this and I appreciate king armory doing a follow up. Still waiting intently and do you guys have an installation service for these brakes?

We will be doing a lot of barrel work and installations once the new shop is up and running. Hoping to have new machinery turning in the new facility in April

internal replacement parts? eh eh eh?

• 2 weeks later...