Saiga .308 pinned on muzzle brake

Great news but how about a pinned unit (with or without FSB) for us guys that want to shorten our barrels? My 308's muzzle dia would be .690" at the cut or do you have a KA-1230 version that would work?

The KA-1230 won't work in that application since it is only .748" in diameter itself. We'll have some larger .308 brakes coming out around summer that we may be able to configure for this application if there is enough demand.

Thanks, I hope you find that its a big enough market to make them. I believe the barrel OD is actually 17.5mm (.68898")

Edited by Chaps
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be doing a lot of barrel work and installations once the new shop is up and running. Hoping to have new machinery turning in the new facility in April

Man I can't wait to see some designs. I keep coming back to check every few hours too I'm getting obsessed.

Great to hear you guys are getting setup and ready to roll with your newly outfitted shop. It's a great feeling!   Joe I think there would be a huge market for a flash hider as well. Something that

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I fully agree with GreenEye. Makes the collective value of the opinions = $.04

Unfortunately some of us are stuck in states where threading is not an option.

With some additional work it is a valid option. I can live without brake on my wasr, but this 308 is not a joke, got to get one installed. I will move the FSB, thread the barrel and put the brake. Then will take it to gunsmith or any credible steel shop for a touch of welding. Dont see any other options.

We will have a new brake for the .308 coming out soon as well, if any of you live in Kommie states let us know and we can pin&weld the brake on the new FSB before shipping it to you.

We are starting the CAD work on this FSB project and will be getting this into production as quickly as we can. We hope to have the CAD renderings available within the next two weeks.

We will have a new brake for the .308 coming out soon as well, if any of you live in Kommie states let us know and we can pin&weld the brake on the new FSB before shipping it to you.

We are starting the CAD work on this FSB project and will be getting this into production as quickly as we can. We hope to have the CAD renderings available within the next two weeks.

Thanks for the update, I was getting a little nervous thinking you guys might have scrapped the project.

Couldn't wait for the pin on so I went ahead and ordered the threading kit and screw on break. Funny thing is by the time I receive it (Dinzags lead time), you'll (King Armory) probably have yours available then. If and when I start to bitch too much about the whole threading process, I'll definitely be looking at the pin-on as an option. I'm interested in one without the FSB.

We're working on it currently, we are getting the new shop squared away and getting customer parts, jobs, and CAD work knocked out as fast as we can. Me and Pete have been working 12-16 hrs/6 days a week lately getting the new shop up to speed, we'll be spitting out new stuff and CAD renderings in the upcoming weeks.

Great to hear you guys are getting setup and ready to roll with your newly outfitted shop. It's a great feeling! :super:

Joe I think there would be a huge market for a flash hider as well. Something that could be pinned on, like the old AK pin on brakes that have such a crappy reputation with real builders and purists, would sell very well. I've been through all it takes to remove the front sight, cut and recrown the bbl, thread it, and ream out the factory FSB to reuse it. It's a lot of work. many people out there have not the time, tools, or patience, not to mention the skill it takes to perform this operation. I think for a FH at least, that doesn't get the same kind of pressure as say a 74 brake would, a pin on style would work great and be easy for the average user to install.

In particular, I'd like to see a Dragunov style, or even a Tabuk. Something along those lines would be great for all the people out there who choose to do a "Saiganov" style conversion. I was hoping to be able to use an L1A1 FH that I have, but I think it's just too thin to work without welding a sleeve around it, then welding that to the FSB. If I could get something like that, that I could just drive out two FSB pins and replace them with two larger ones, I'd slap that on this puppy in a skinny minute!

post-1293-1243611448_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

+1 on all that Cobra. I even kicked around the L1A1 idea as well. A PSL style flash hider would be awesome, and I'd buy that over a brake. I bet a lot of others would too--especially the 21" guys. Don't forget the other famous long slotted flash hider--the M1A. The long slotted FH's just make more sense for those of us who don't blast away rapidly.

If the pin on was just a 24mm thread, I wouldn't even bother/work with a 74 FH as they are just too ugly.

Great to hear you guys are getting setup and ready to roll with your newly outfitted shop. It's a great feeling! :super:

Joe I think there would be a huge market for a flash hider as well. Something that could be pinned on, like the old AK pin on brakes that have such a crappy reputation with real builders and purists, would sell very well. I've been through all it takes to remove the front sight, cut and recrown the bbl, thread it, and ream out the factory FSB to reuse it. It's a lot of work. many people out there have not the time, tools, or patience, not to mention the skill it takes to perform this operation. I think for a FH at least, that doesn't get the same kind of pressure as say a 74 brake would, a pin on style would work great and be easy for the average user to install.

In particular, I'd like to see a Dragunov style, or even a Tabuk. Something along those lines would be great for all the people out there who choose to do a "Saiganov" style conversion. I was hoping to be able to use an L1A1 FH that I have, but I think it's just too thin to work without welding a sleeve around it, then welding that to the FSB. If I could get something like that, that I could just drive out two FSB pins and replace them with two larger ones, I'd slap that on this puppy in a skinny minute!

post-1293-1243611448_thumb.jpg

im also interested, and would also like to do a SAIGANOV

I did'nt know the PSL had a FH I thought it was a muzzle brake .

It is a brake actually. Simple rule of thumb...brakes have vertical slots or cuts, FHs have slots running the length of the device.

dobravery, good point also on the M1A FH. I actually have one of those on order from CTD that I'm going to try and mod to fit the Saiga rifles. Now that I finally have a lathe, and a mill I can do that type of thing. Another plus to both the M1A and the FAL FH is, they both already have a built in bayo lug. The M1A even has a dovetail alreadt cut for a front sight.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR047-1.html

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been watching this for months. Discouraging! I think I am going to just have a brake tig welded on next week. You would think if someone came up with a clip on or replacement pin on for the .308 they would sell hundreds of them pretty easily. Wish I had a a few more mill machines!

We're working on it currently, we are getting the new shop squared away and getting customer parts, jobs, and CAD work knocked out as fast as we can. Me and Pete have been working 12-16 hrs/6 days a week lately getting the new shop up to speed, we'll be spitting out new stuff and CAD renderings in the upcoming weeks.

Any progress on my market of one muzzle break? heh, just letting you know i still havent lost faith in ya, glad to hear your product line is expanding.