Ive done a couple conversions that I think turned out pretty good. But those damn trigger pins still want to walk out on me. Does anyone make "anti walk" pins? What is the best way to solve the problem. What do the pros do (tromix and others)? Ive tried the e-clips and unless i need to use multiple, they still come out a little. Thanks

Well, the "pros" use a wire retainer just like the factory does.

You can also use hitch pins (take your pivot pins to the hardware store to find the right ones [ i wanna say 3/16 hitch pins, but don't quote me])

Some folks use retainer plates to save them some time.

Have you tried "E" clips from the hardware store. That's what I use. Take the pin and get the snuggest one that will snap on by hand. Have worked on WASR and Siaga. They are about 15 cents each.

The original poster is complaiining that the e-clips he's used do not work well.

I've done multiple conversions and I've tried e-clips, hitch pins, and hair pins as well as the wires, I don't feel comfortable with any of them so I build mine with the Tapco or RedStarArms retaining plate and never had a problem with the pins moving. Is a very secure way to retain the pins.

I've done multiple conversions and I've tried e-clips, hitch pins, and hair pins as well as the wires, I don't feel comfortable with any of them so I build mine with the Tapco or RedStarArms retaining plate and never had a problem with the pins moving. Is a very secure way to retain the pins.

If you're not comfortable with the retaining wire, I'd suggest you talk to your Doctor about anti-anxiety medication.

The commies have used the retaining wire for decades without any reported issues.

They seized this AK from a Somali pirate. It is fully functional, and there is a retaining wire holding the pivot pins in place.

p1918186705d.jpg

Well, the wire has worked for me in the past, my anxiety is caused by my lack of confidence in my installation of said wire. The retaining plate is 100%...therefore, no worries.

As far as the Somali pirate AK goes...it doesn't need the retaining wire, the pins are rusted in place ! :chris:

I use the hitch pins in mine. I have had them in for awhile and have ran alot of rounds through them with out any problem. It has been a while since i put them in but I think nalioth is right with the 3/16 pins.

I've tried the e-clips and they fit tight on the pin, but are too thin to fill the slot on the pin. I now just modify the stock saiga wire and that is cheap and works well.

I love the pirate AK! look close at the bayonet, see how nice it looks compaired to the rest? Hard Chrome! That's how the barrel looks as well. You know a lot of cleaning, and a wire brush, new finish and it would look good. K-Var furniture and you could get $900 on Gun Broker (everyone wants $900 for any AK there). I supose the auto sear is an issue (damn pirates can have it but NO, not me!)

Mod the stock wire and yank that smoke pole!