I was listening to VDJ on talk radio today, and learned about this junk happening in Missouri. In short, it's a law enforcement document to "educate" police officers etc of potential warning signs on vehicles of domestic terrorists (ex: Ron Paul stickers, Christian fish, references to the Constitution, etc.) It makes no distinction between Christians and Neo-Nazis, lumping them into the same group of "White Wing Extremicists." It considers the Gadsden flag, "Molon Labe", the Soverign Citizen flag, and others as symbols to be wary of. So look out fellow potential domestic terrorists! The government is on to you.

Funny, I just ordered a handful of bumper stickers the other day, most of them very honorable Thomas Jefferson quotes.

Here's the document. I plan to carry a copy in my glove box: Modern Militia Movement

March 18, 2009

Missouri police given chilling instructions

Timothy Birdnow

Police in Missouri apparently are being instructed to keep on eye on conservatives.

According to this AP article the government of the state of Missouri has issued a report "informing" state police that people with third party bumper stickers on their cars or who believe the NAFTA superhighway is an attempt create a North American Union are subversive members of paramilitary militias and potential terrorists.

The Missouri Information Analysis Center (a division of the state police) has compiled an enemies list of warning signs for state police officers, signs that are supposed to help them determine potential terrorists. Such signs include Ron Paul bumper stickers, or "Right to Carry" handgun stickers (I have to wonder: does it include Support Your Local Police stickers, too?) and our friendly state troopers are warned to proceed with extreme caution against such radicals.

Don`t believe me? See for yourself. (pdf)

Who is being targeted in this report? The state police are warned that Christians, "sovereign citizens", those opposed to abortion, tax revisionists, and anti-illegal immigrant advocates are potential would-be terrorists.

Oh, and you better not fly your flag upside down; that was given as another example of something a terrorist would do.

Were this an isolated incident, it would be easy to dismiss. But couple this with some other politically motivated incidents, such as Barack Obama`s "truth squad" in which he encouraged the prosecution of people who protested him too aggressively (bear in mind he had St. Louis Prosecuting attorney Jennifer Joyce and St. Louis County`s Bob McCullugh on the squad, as well as a number of Democrats holding high positions in law enforcement statewide), along with Obama`s

trained and funded like one of the branches of the military, and you have a very disturbing trend here.

Does anyone remember the Democrats using Judge Evelyn Baker to keep the polls open late in St. Louis (a notorious Democrat stronghold) during the election of 2000? (Lacy Clay, then state senator, had promised days before the election to do just that.) It seems that there are some in this state who have no problem using the force of law to repress their enemies.

How long before we see this nationwide?

Where is the ACLU?

Original Article

WOW. We're terrorists now because we believe in the Constitution? Because we're Christian? Because we think Ron Paul makes sense?

No tinfoil needed, folks.

Tritium - I love your Freud quote on your signature.

Only it's not a Freud quote. I always heard it was too, but apparently, it's not.

'Wikiquote' attributes it to Freud. The exact origin is academic- the relevance is the message itself.

Tritium - I love your Freud quote on your signature.

Only it's not a Freud quote. I always heard it was too, but apparently, it's not.

'Wikiquote' attributes it to Freud. The exact origin is academic- the relevance is the message itself.

Don't get me wrong. I like the quote too, and had it in my sig on another site.

Mind set of Gov. now. Anyone who hasn't drank the kool-aid and might resist, not tow the line is a threat.. Harass those who don't fallow, make examples. Early Germany started this way. Paranoid, no. Just studied how tyranny takes over in other countries in the past. Seldom done with brute force. The, "It doesn't bother me" mentality. :smoke:

March 18, 2009

Timothy Birdnow

Police in Missouri apparently are being instructed to keep on eye on conservatives.

According to this AP article the government of the state of Missouri has issued a report "informing" state police that people with third party bumper stickers on their cars or who believe the NAFTA superhighway is an attempt create a North American Union are subversive members of paramilitary militias and potential terrorists.

The Missouri Information Analysis Center (a division of the state police) has compiled an enemies list of warning signs for state police officers, signs that are supposed to help them determine potential terrorists. Such signs include Ron Paul bumper stickers, or "Right to Carry" handgun stickers (I have to wonder: does it include Support Your Local Police stickers, too?) and our friendly state troopers are warned to proceed with extreme caution against such radicals.

Who is being targeted in this report? The state police are warned that Christians, "sovereign citizens", those opposed to abortion, tax revisionists, and anti-illegal immigrant advocates are potential would-be terrorists.

Oh, and you better not fly your flag upside down; that was given as another example of something a terrorist would do.

Were this an isolated incident, it would be easy to dismiss. But couple this with some other politically motivated incidents, such as Barack Obama`s "truth squad" in which he encouraged the prosecution of people who protested him too aggressively (bear in mind he had St. Louis Prosecuting attorney Jennifer Joyce and St. Louis County`s Bob McCullugh on the squad, as well as a number of Democrats holding high positions in law enforcement statewide), along with Obama`s

trained and funded like one of the branches of the military, and you have a very disturbing trend here.

Does anyone remember the Democrats using Judge Evelyn Baker to keep the polls open late in St. Louis (a notorious Democrat stronghold) during the election of 2000? (Lacy Clay, then state senator, had promised days before the election to do just that.) It seems that there are some in this state who have no problem using the force of law to repress their enemies.

Where is the ACLU?

Original Article

WOW. We're terrorists now because we believe in the Constitution? Because we're Christian? Because we think Ron Paul makes sense?

Excellent point, last I check the militia was legal............ :unsure:

March 18, 2009

Timothy Birdnow

Where is the ACLU?

Original Article

Excellent point, last I check the militia was legal............ :unsure:

WRONG.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There's a quick correction. Everything is wrong except the mention of the government.

Edited by Twinsen

WTF is wrong with Missouri, seriously. Is it just St Louis bringing the whole State down? I might be old fashioned, not being from there, first thing I think of when I think of Missouri is the "Old West" and cattle towns and Buffalo Bill. Now it's just another liberal cow town. Seeing the same thing here in Virginia. Rural population far out numbered by the two maybe three inner-city/city liberal population centers.

Ok, second attempt at this post, was almost done and lost in cyber somewhere!

First of I am a proud American!!! I love guns and the right to own them!!! Secondly I am a law enforcement officer and have been for nearly 14 years. The fact that you display your faith or firearm logo does not automatically make you a criminal in a police officers eyes. Police are human, they stereoype, although they are not suppossed to. We call this profiling in the profession. A good police officer has an idea of what they are dealing with before they even come to talk with you at the window. Gathering as much information as possible allows them to return to their family at the end of the shift. Sometimes they are wrong, but extra insurance is always good. Indicators such as a plate with the name "Sherry" and a male driver may indicate stolen vehicle. Rental car, air freshner and group of individuals returning from Texas may mean drugs, firearm stickers say possible weapon in vehicle. I am a little young born in '74 but I have spoken with Vietnam veterans who have spoke of tin cans on the perimeter to give an extra second to ready for battle. The good police officer uses signs they observe to give them the upper hand hopefully.

I will admit there are a few bad seeds out there, they are in every profession. The "bad cop" gets all the publicity. When is the last time you heard of a police officer changing a tire along the interstate, or giving a stuffed animal to a child after an accident?

The Missouri thing. I have a little first hand knowledge of this, as we have a small local "militia" group in our county. Most are older members now, and do alot of paper work instead of physical confrontation. Most drive without a license, or don't carry insurance. Not a major crime, but still against the law. We wouldn't be doing taxpayers justice if we didn't enforce them. By the way these guys do not pay taxes, use public roads and post offices-they cloak themselves in the Stars and Stipes for their own personal gain. Missouri, particularly the Ozarks area, have been a breeding ground for these groups. We had some felony warrants on our local members who were being harbored by groups in this area. Glancing over the information posted tells me it is an intelligence report for the State of MO. This information would be used for new officers or others who have not had contact with these individuals. Its purpose? To allow a loved one to come home at night, instead of being a story on the nightly news.

One last thought. Most police officers own more than one gun! I know I love them. If the day ever comes when my job is to collect firearms from good citizens, I will turn in my badge!

Copperhead

Police are human, they stereoype, although they are not suppossed to. We call this profiling in the profession

Copperhead

Profiling... BAH. It's just called common sense where I come from. But that politically correct non-sense has been going on for I forget how many years now. We could probably discuss "profiling" for hours but all of this non-sense is the same at the core. Thankfully we do still have good LEO and Politicians (maybe a few?) that do have common sense and a good head on their shoulders. But it seems like we have more and more who just don't have a clue. Or aren't even capable of having one to begin with. Was walking through Costco over the weekend wondering what corner the Law School would be in eventually, figured it was the walled off portion behind the STOP sign in an odd part of the store. And where they were going to put the Roller Coaster. Feels more and more like the movie Idiocracy every day. Dumb people breeding like rabbits for decades now.

Police are human, they stereoype, although they are not suppossed to. We call this profiling in the profession

Copperhead

Profiling... BAH. It's just called common sense where I come from. But that politically correct non-sense has been going on for I forget how many years now. We could probably discuss "profiling" for hours but all of this non-sense is the same at the core. Thankfully we do still have good LEO and Politicians (maybe a few?) that do have common sense and a good head on their shoulders. But it seems like we have more and more who just don't have a clue. Or aren't even capable of having one to begin with. Was walking through Costco over the weekend wondering what corner the Law School would be in eventually, figured it was the walled off portion behind the STOP sign in an odd part of the store. And where they were going to put the Roller Coaster. Feels more and more like the movie Idiocracy every day. Dumb people breeding like rabbits for decades now.

Wotan,

Thank you for the support! Yes the good ones are out here! We just fly under the radar, or I mean the tv camera. I do this job because I want to make a choice and defend the rights of individuals as well as myself. I have to agree, there are many who don't have a clue. My state lost it when they went to a four year degree requirement. Common sense which is in tune with survival in my opinion went out the window! Most of the people we come in contact with are of lower graces in society and do not care what kind of paper hangs on our wall, they want us to have some understanding of where they are at. I see more and more new recruits who could tell you the square root of a million, but couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. Oh well, only 20 more years to serve and I am gone!

Keep your heads down and your powder dry!

Copperhead

Copperhead

Wotan,

Thank you for the support! Yes the good ones are out here! We just fly under the radar, or I mean the tv camera. I do this job because I want to make a choice and defend the rights of individuals as well as myself. I have to agree, there are many who don't have a clue. My state lost it when they went to a four year degree requirement. Common sense which is in tune with survival in my opinion went out the window! Most of the people we come in contact with are of lower graces in society and do not care what kind of paper hangs on our wall, they want us to have some understanding of where they are at. I see more and more new recruits who could tell you the square root of a million, but couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. Oh well, only 20 more years to serve and I am gone!

Keep your heads down and your powder dry!

Copperhead

Same to you. You've got much bigger balls than I. As many of us grow up fantasizing about guns, we also grow up fantasizing about being police officers. Am an IT person so don't think I ever have to worry about being shot by a crack head, tho you never know. Lucky for me I still live in a Country with others better than I who protect my freedom loving ass.

WIsh I could take credit for keeping you safe, but you are not in my part of the world! After a long day of dealing with bs-most of it coming from co-workers, I come home to my loving wife who assures me i am making a difference. She also says I will make even more of a difference when she is the Sheriff's wife. I think she means me!

An old saying be careful whose toes you step on today, because they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow! Some guys I know better start learning to pucker!!! :)

The document says nothing about being a Christian or having Christian symbols on your car. Every other vehicle around here has some sort of Christian symbol on it. The document describes "Christian identity", which is definitely not Christianity. Copperhead's comment about using the Stars and Stripes as a cloak pretty much sums it up (except Christian identity uses the Bible/Jesus/etc as a cloak).

The "political paraphernelia" part is a little much, though. Political affiliation would be a better indicator of who doesn't match their criteria. If they have Hillary or Obama support stickers, they're probably not in a militia lol

lmao there's a report on the local news about this as I type...

The document says nothing about being a Christian or having Christian symbols on your car. Every other vehicle around here has some sort of Christian symbol on it. The document describes "Christian identity", which is definitely not Christianity. Copperhead's comment about using the Stars and Stripes as a cloak pretty much sums it up (except Christian identity uses the Bible/Jesus/etc as a cloak).

The "political paraphernelia" part is a little much, though. Political affiliation would be a better indicator of who doesn't match their criteria. If they have Hillary or Obama support stickers, they're probably not in a militia lol

lmao there's a report on the local news about this as I type...

Sidewinder-all

I didn't read the report, but recognize the type of material, saw it 10 years ago here. LIke any other political group, they use anything they can to stimulate growth in there organization. One such group has changed there agenda over the years from scaring former slaves from voting to hunting communists, etc. Doesn't matter what they call themselves, some people just like to hate!

This is not completly new. About 15 years ago I was in San Diego I met some deputies who worked for Warren County, Iowa. I was told that it is unwritten policy when making a traffic stop to have your hand on gun as aproaching the vehicle if it has any religious or military symbols/stickers.

Edited to add: the given reason was this indicates extreme beliefs. And yes that includes The Globe and Anchor...

Edited by cscharlie