Saiga .308 rear recoil guide rod "toggle"?

Has anyone replaced this hinged "toggle" at the rear of the recoil spring guide rod with a Black Jack buffer? I'm not sure what it is called since I've never seen it on any other AK before but it looks like it limits the rear movement of the bolt carrier. I wonder if a Black Jack buffer would serve the same purpose and soften up the carrier from slamming into the toggle which will impact the rear trunion and also soften the recoil?

Why mess with something that allready works great

Hello Deadeye, Well, Every AK that I've ever put a Black Jack buffer in worked better. I'm pretty sure the life of the rifle was extended due to the reduced impact factor of bolt carrier against rear trunion(stamped receiver) or against rear of the receiver in the case of the milled receiver. I'm not 100% positive about this. Thanks, Paul

Hello Deadeye, Well, Every AK that I've ever put a Black Jack buffer in worked better. I'm pretty sure the life of the rifle was extended due to the reduced impact factor of bolt carrier against rear trunion(stamped receiver) or against rear of the receiver in the case of the milled receiver. I'm not 100% positive about this. Thanks, Paul

+1 on the buffer - works really well.

+1 on the buffer - works really well.

Thanks! Did you just remove the pin and toggle to slide your Black Jack on? Thanks in advance, Paul

yeah, what 2450paul said, how do you install the buffer?

Just force it up from the recoil spring to the toggle - it goes on pretty easy. Try putting the spring into the bolt carrier and compress it all the way - the back tang of the carrier should go into the buffer's cutout easily. That's it.

You need to get to a deprogrammer--you've been brainwashed. The service life of that firearm, without any buffer, is probably longer than your lifespan. If it were needed it would have been designed with one.

i removed the limiter by grinding off one side of the pin and it slid right out.

i used a thick ass "buffer tech" buffer b/c it's the same thickness as the limiter.

it slides over the recoil spring as any other ak buffer.

it seems all the limiter does is stop the carrier from jumping off the rails at it's rearmost position.