Definitely not normal!

Open the cover and make sure the safety is engaging the trigger group. The bar should be blocking the trigger from moving, you may need to adjust it a bit. Kind of hard to say exactly what the issue is w/o seeing it.

Definitely not normal!

Open the cover and make sure the safety is engaging the trigger group. The bar should be blocking the trigger from moving, you may need to adjust it a bit. Kind of hard to say exactly what the issue is w/o seeing it.

Doesnt seem like the bar is enough to touch the trigger group (useing tapco g2)

3366638412_61a0d0283c_o.jpg

Safety on, hammer uncocked

3365814819_d7410a2712_o.jpg

Safety off, hammer uncocked

3366637898_23b81b3109_o.jpg

Saefty on, hammer cocked

3366638174_a17f5a7fdd_o.jpg

Safety off, hammer cocked

Dunno, seems like the tab isnt long enough on the safety...

Edited by Ultra_Magnus

With the cover off and the safety engaged, how much "play" is in the FCG? Does the safety stop actualy touch the FCG before the hammer drops? or does the hammer release before contact? Is there any position that you can place the safety to get it to work properly? It seems that the "bar" sits a ways foward in the pics. I was wondering if this was a safety indexing issue.

With the cover off and the safety engaged, how much "play" is in the FCG? Does the safety stop actualy touch the FCG before the hammer drops? or does the hammer release before contact? Is there any position that you can place the safety to get it to work properly? It seems that the "bar" sits a ways foward in the pics. I was wondering if this was a safety indexing issue.

\

3366309881_e68b7d7724_o.jpg

Safety engaged, trigger at rest.

3367134432_b697045d56_o.jpg

Trigger at about halfway pulled, if i pull it any harder, the hammer will drop.

There is less play on the trigger with the safety engaged, but i am able to still get the hammer to drop. It appears the safey does touch appear the fcg, but lightly.

And no, no matter where i posistion the safety, it does not work properly.

Does the safety bar move when you pull the trigger? If you grab the bar between your fingers and pull upward is there any play?

It looks like the FCG is contacting the safety bar, so it should not be moving any further. The only reason I can think of that it is would be due to the safety not being as solidly locked in place as it should be.

Are you sure that the safety is locked into the hole behind that retainer plate? The plate might be holding it in place well enough to give the illusion that it is properly installed, but not well enough to prevent it from moving a little. I've never used one of those retainer plates, so that's just a wild guess.

Does the safety bar move when you pull the trigger? If you grab the bar between your fingers and pull upward is there any play?

It looks like the FCG is contacting the safety bar, so it should not be moving any further. The only reason I can think of that it is would be due to the safety not being as solidly locked in place as it should be.

Are you sure that the safety is locked into the hole behind that retainer plate? The plate might be holding it in place well enough to give the illusion that it is properly installed, but not well enough to prevent it from moving a little. I've never used one of those retainer plates, so that's just a wild guess.

Its in the hole on the otherside of the reciever. Im not sure how much more solid i can have it in. Ill will take a look again tho and play with it.

I gotta be doing somthing wrong, because ive googled the hell out of this and searched these forums and im the only one with this issue.

edit: Yea ill try to see how much play there is when i get home. As i recall there was not much at all.

Edited by Ultra_Magnus

That doesn't make sense unless you removed some material from the bottom of the safety selector.

Are you sure you didn't put the selector from another Saiga in there by mistake? (like from an S-12?)

You should not be anywhere close to dropping the hammer with the safety touching the trigger bars. maybe Boris had a bit too much tater juice at break?

If you have some calipers, measure the distance from the top of your selector (in the center), to the bottom where it touches the trigger bars. It should be around .053" on the x39. The S-12 is .427" - .452"(on the step)...at least this one is... :rolleyes:

That doesn't make sense unless you removed some material from the bottom of the safety selector.

Are you sure you didn't put the selector from another Saiga in there by mistake? (like from an S-12?)

You should not be anywhere close to dropping the hammer with the safety touching the trigger bars. maybe Boris had a bit too much tater juice at break?

If you have some calipers, measure the distance from the top of your selector (in the center), to the bottom where it touches the trigger bars. It should be around .053" on the x39. The S-12 is .427" - .452"(on the step)...at least this one is... :rolleyes:

This is the only saiga i have, and the safety worked perfect before the conversion.....I did not remove any material from the safety, its bone stock...

Ill see what i can do about measuring it. In the meantime im gonna take it apart and reassemble it. Maybe it will magically work :-/.

BTW the rifle shoots fine, i tested it last night.

Edited by Ultra_Magnus
This is just a shot in the dark. How does the new trigger bars compare to the old one? Is there a difference in the thickness?

They are the same, which is odd...

Anyways, rigged up a temp solution until i can think of something better.

3371139287_3f0011b1f9_o.jpg

3371139491_c7b6811982_o.jpg

Cut out a piece of teh old floor plate and used JB weld to adhere it to the buttom of my safety.

Safety works now...lol....

Who's FCG is in it (Tapco, Texas, some original FCG parts)? It doesn't look like you have the BHO installed, Is the hammer drifting to the right and releasing?

Its Tapco. No i didnt install the BHO.

No the hammer isnt drifting, The safety just doesnt stop the trigger group before it releases the hammer. Its like its not long enough, which is why i added the metal. Now it works fine... Not sure what the deal is..unless the BHO has somethign to do with it.

Who's FCG is in it (Tapco, Texas, some original FCG parts)? It doesn't look like you have the BHO installed, Is the hammer drifting to the right and releasing?

Its Tapco. No i didnt install the BHO.

No the hammer isnt drifting, The safety just doesnt stop the trigger group before it releases the hammer. Its like its not long enough, which is why i added the metal. Now it works fine... Not sure what the deal is..unless the BHO has somethign to do with it.

3371258475_0fd0e1e646_o.jpg

3371258595_d98e8b5a1c_o.jpg

3372078668_8efcd132e8_o.jpg

Hmm Tapco hook looks like it could possibly be the culprit.

Did saiga change their hooks or did i get a defective FCG?

Edited by Ultra_Magnus