saiga 100 - 30-06 hi cap mags???

• 1 month later...

Tony did one AK style conversion but kept the factory mag. It is NOT a good candidate for conversion to BAR mags due to feed lip style. It could be done (modding the mags, not the gun for unmodified mags), but it would be so much work that making a fresh mag would make more sense.

A board member successfully developed a fresh metal S-308 mag. That would be the way to do it.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
Tony did one AK style conversion but kept the factory mag. It is NOT a good candidate for conversion to BAR mags due to feed lip style. It could be done (modding the mags, not the gun for unmodified mags), but it would be so much work that making a fresh mag would make more sense.

A board member successfully developed a fresh metal S-308 mag. That would be the way to do it.

I bough 3 BAR mags in an attempt to do just this G3, and he's right, it's a PITA. I have 2 scrapped BAR mags and 1 good one. The BEST solution would be a new mag.... But there is almost ZERO demand, so there's ZERO supply. We're fuked :)

On that note, i'll buy your extra .30-06 mag! :)