10 Round Drums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cameron, you pushed the development of the Mini-Drum from a Julyish target to a December '09 target. Congratulations on the metal stick mag! Where ddo you stand on the Mini-Drum Project? Was the polymer Mini-Drum ($150 ballpark) abandoned altogether for the Metal Mini-Drum at $275 or more? Thanks for your work and updates.

Cameron, you pushed the development of the Mini-Drum from a Julyish target to a December '09 target. Congratulations on the metal stick mag! Where ddo you stand on the Mini-Drum Project? Was the polymer Mini-Drum ($150 ballpark) abandoned altogether for the Metal Mini-Drum at $275 or more? Thanks for your work and updates.

The CMD "Chaos mini-drum" will follow the C8-SBM "Chaos 8rd Steel Box Mag" into production hopefully around five months after the first release of box mags. The CMD is designed to be manufacture out of metal as well. There are advance features designed into our drum that will not allow this design to work in plastic, strength and wear characteristics that plastic just won't do, no matter how exotic the plastic, its just isn't steel. We projecting to bring the mini-drum to market under $150.00. These will be military grade and feature a patent pending front tap that allows these too lock up in any S12 with out mod. same as our rock and lock version found on our box mag design.

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm curious if the capacity of this drum is set. I know the # stated in the thread's title, but seeing as how this thread was not started by Cameron, I'm wondering if that is correct? It seems like I was reading an older thread about the Chaos Compact Drum and I think the capacity was back and forth between 10 & 12. So officially, how many rounds will this hold?

A few other related questions:

-Any news as to the special features that this drum will have?(I'm assuming we'll be left in suspense, but I gotta ask)

-Any news or estimate about when we'll actually see(& get to buy) this drum(or the steel 8rd Mag)??

-How much do you hate Mike D & Blomag right now(or have your lawyers advised you to plead the 5th)?

Sorry if some(most) of these questions make you cringe, but y'know, expiring minds need to know...

I don't see why he would hate Mike D since Cam's drum is a completely different product. As for Promag, I think the Chaos drum will blow it out of the water. Quality costs money, and the only metal S-12 drum on the market is going to have quite a few fans. I do wish it were a 12, but I've been down that monkey hole with Cam, and he has his reasons.

Valid points, and I'm very much looking forward to the metal Chaos Compact Drum, it sounds like it will be very cool(though I'm still itchin' to know exactly what new features it will bring to the table, though I'm guessing it will work with their metal magwell for 1).

I'd just imagine that MD slashing the price on his drum, and Homag releasing a mini-drum shortly before the Chaos drum debuts may be stealing a little of it's thunder. While I know that this is different than the MDrum and am sure the Chaos Compact Drum will be WAY better than the Prolag mini drum, those factors won't help Chaos' drum sales. Not that either one really challenges the Chaos drum in it's particular unique niche, but I still would not be very happy about the situation if I was Chaos. Oh, the capitalist's chaos!

Oh, so Cam has confirmed that the Chaos drum will for sure hold 10 rounds? Like I said, I'd seen 10 & 12 tossed around and wasn't sure if the final capacity had been decided.

BTW I just picked up a Porkypine at the insanely low clearance price, and I must say I was a little skeptical at first, but after seeing it in person I am quite impressed! Even being one of their earlier products, it's impeccably made. Top quality and solid as a rock! Can't wait to see their new toys...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any new news on this product?

Sorry, but no real update at this moment.

Any new updates on these? thanks cameron.

Yes, after we finish our next batch of warthogs, we will be back on track finalizing the proto-types, then off to manufacturing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cameron be careful with that pic i know you posted it along time ago but people can "un twist" pics very easily thats why its better to just remove the part you dont want seen from the pic entirely

True, but it's ok, all the good stuff is going on inside. :super: