Surefire 2rd Saiga 12 magazines in stock

We have the Surefire 2rd Saiga 12 mags in stock ready to ship.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...es?sfs=e6113e14

$34.95

Thanks,

Greg

post-9063-1237496223_thumb.jpg

man, figures i have to go and buy something else a week after my other order :)

Any chance you are getting any Skeleton stocks anytime soon Greg?

Which Skeleton stocks? I have Ace right now. I also have Tromix with or without limbsavers.

Greg

man, figures i have to go and buy something else a week after my other order :)

Any chance you are getting any Skeleton stocks anytime soon Greg?

Which Skeleton stocks? I have Ace right now. I also have Tromix with or without limbsavers.

Greg

I like the RAAC ones.

Got mine in the mail today. Man, Greg is fast! Haven't gotten a chance to get to the range yet, but hopefully sometime this week I will make it. Mine fit right into my gun with no mods needed. And these really hold just 2 rounds. You cannot get a third round into it, which is great for turkey/waterfowl hunting. These fit 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells easily. I'll report back once I've shot through several loadings, but I do not expect any problems.

Got mine in the mail today. Man, Greg is fast! Haven't gotten a chance to get to the range yet, but hopefully sometime this week I will make it. Mine fit right into my gun with no mods needed. And these really hold just 2 rounds. You cannot get a third round into it, which is great for turkey/waterfowl hunting. These fit 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells easily. I'll report back once I've shot through several loadings, but I do not expect any problems.

Hmm I was planning on modifying a keepshooting.com 5 rounder to hold 2 rounds. How big are the mags? You have a pic with it in the shotgun?

I was glad to see these. I will have one when I do purchase my Saiga-saving at the moment. Illinois law, yes I am from obama land, will only allow 3 rounds in a shotgun for hunting. I can't wait to see how the Saiga works on deer!

Copperhead

Maybe i'm a little slow with this, but is there anyway to get these to hold 3 rounds? Where i hunt we have a 3 round limit, and its damn nice to have that 3rd shot especially when you have a large group of geese

Hmm I was planning on modifying a keepshooting.com 5 rounder to hold 2 rounds. How big are the mags? You have a pic with it in the shotgun?

No picture yet, but both my factory 5 round, and Taiwanese 5 round are approximately 6 1/2 inches in length at the longest point. This 2 round mag is 4 3/4 at the longest point.

No idea what your local law says, but lots of place have 3 round limit, but the catch is it has to be one in the chamber and 2 in the mag. Might want to double check to be safe.

we have the 2 in the mag, im just wondering if you can put one in the chamber, while having two in the mag being that its a 2round mag

You'd have to load 2, chamber a round, pull out the mag and add another round. There's enough extra space in there, you should be able to do it on a closed bolt. These laws were written with pump and tube fed semi's in mind. We just have to deal with them I guess.
Shotgun Regulations

Shotguns may be used to hunt forest and upland game, coyote, fisher, fox, nutria, opossum, raccoon, skunk, woodchuck and migratory game birds, with the restriction that the magazine and chamber must be capable of holding no more than 3 shells total except for deer hunting, where the number of shells is restricted to 8.

yep, guess thats it, 3 total, just have to find a way to fit in another round.
You'd have to load 2, chamber a round, pull out the mag and add another round. There's enough extra space in there, you should be able to do it on a closed bolt. These laws were written with pump and tube fed semi's in mind. We just have to deal with them I guess.

There's an easier way. Just stick a round about half way/two thirds into the chamber and let the bolt slam home. Then you can pop in your mag and be on your way. I had a single round left at the range so instead of loading it into a mag and just stick it in that way. Worked like a charm. :)

I was glad to see these. I will have one when I do purchase my Saiga-saving at the moment. Illinois law, yes I am from obama land, will only allow 3 rounds in a shotgun for hunting. I can't wait to see how the Saiga works on deer!

Copperhead

Maybe i'm a little slow with this, but is there anyway to get these to hold 3 rounds? Where i hunt we have a 3 round limit, and its damn nice to have that 3rd shot especially when you have a large group of geese

Federal law you have to limit your gun to 3 shots, so 2 in the mag 1 in the chamber. This is for migratory birds of course. If you get caught goose hunting with a 3 round magazine you will in the least have your shotgun confiscated.

There's an easier way. Just stick a round about half way/two thirds into the chamber and let the bolt slam home. Then you can pop in your mag and be on your way. I had a single round left at the range so instead of loading it into a mag and just stick it in that way. Worked like a charm. :)

You ever hear of a slam fire? You are asking for your gun to blow up. Never a good idea to load a semi auto from the chamber (even on rifles that do not have a free floating pin) always load from the magazine.

Edited by lipadj46

I appreciate the warning but I have to ask...

At a point in its feed from the mag, when the round is about two thirds into the chamber, it'll straighten out and be flush with the bolt face when it gets driven home. How is that different that shoving a round two-thirds of the way in and letting the bolt gently close on it to lock it in?

I'm not talking about sticking a round in and racking the bolt like a meathead. Just letting it close almost to the end of its travel and then letting it go with just enough to lock under it's own power.

I fail to see the differance if your doing it that way.

I don't mean to sound uppity or condescending or anything, Im genuinely asking. If I'm missing something, by all means let me know, it's always a good idea to get all the angles on something. B)

I appreciate the warning but I have to ask...

At a point in its feed from the mag, when the round is about two thirds into the chamber, it'll straighten out and be flush with the bolt face when it gets driven home. How is that different that shoving a round two-thirds of the way in and letting the bolt gently close on it to lock it in?

I'm not talking about sticking a round in and racking the bolt like a meathead. Just letting it close almost to the end of its travel and then letting it go with just enough to lock under it's own power.

I fail to see the differance if your doing it that way.

I don't mean to sound uppity or condescending or anything, Im genuinely asking. If I'm missing something, by all means let me know, it's always a good idea to get all the angles on something. B)

If you are gently letting the bolt down on the round then yes it is safer but still the general rule of thumb with any mag fed semi auto is to load from the magazine. Most slam fires happen when a round is fed directly from the chamber and the firing pin for whatever reason slams the primer (though usually happens in conjunction with reloads with primers too far back). When you feed from the magazine the bolt (and pin) have less momentum when they contact the round and the friction of the shell in the magazine slows the bolt down even further. Plus the bolt face does not directly contact the back of the round squarely like it would if you feed the round then let the bolt fly home, it instead hits the top edge of the round and while it pushes it forward the round slides into place on the bolt face. It is less direct contact if that makes sense.

I am just offering the safety advice that was taught to me. Personally I would rather be safe than sorry. These firearms were designed to be fed from the mag so I personally stick with that and like I tried to explain (not sure if I did a god job) the way you feed a round manually and the way it is fed from a mag is different in a small but important way.

Nah, that makes sense to me, and your right, it's way better to be safe than sorry. The nice thing about this forum is the sharing of info and that helps everybody in the end, so thanks for the tip! :)

I just got an 8 round and a 2 round Surefire mag from CSS. I have not live fired either one yet but they fit well and dry cycle without any problems. The two round mag will be nice for turkey hunting because it is very low profile....one less thing to get in the way in a sitting position. You rarely get more that 2 shots off anyway. The Saiga is a bit noisy chambering a round and of course the safety is a tad clunky for stelth hunting too. Naturally if I can bag a turkey with Ivan I will be sure to post a pic.....

The 8 rounder is almost the same size as an AGP 10 rd mag. I am not sure what I am gaining with it over the AGP's but its always fun trying new equipment with a Saiga. I can't wait to get out of this city soon and get some shooting time in. B)

BTW CSS was excellent to shop with. I got a personnel E mail when the 2 rounders came in and I got my package 2 days after I placed my order. Thats the way I like to do business! :up: