My Weaponlight Project

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made a little more progress on my shorty. I was going to wait until it's painted, but I'll post that later.   Anyway, I wanted a bright spotlight, but I wanted a more "built-in" look. Here's

That gas plug mod is pretty cool.

No problem, Bob, cool is cool.   When Mike D and I were discussing getting the plugs mass-produced, there was some talk of a lever to assist in rotation. It just complicated the manufacture and woul

Posted Images

Unfortuneately I couldn't test the light, as it still needs welding.

The gas plug worked perfect; it's so nice to just flick the switch over to change ammo. Really cool.

Well what are you waiting for man, break out the TIG and get busy. :haha: I can't wait to see the light mounted. You just keep inspiring me with more ideas for this gun.

Damn Bob that is really awesome. I can't believe I missed this thread. Oh yeah remember when I said usually when I'm out of town cool shit happens, well there you go. Pics of your gas plug and your light and I'm not here to read about it. I'm glad I found this thread. Fucking bad ass is all I have to say about that.

All the parts are done and ready for MolyResin. It looks pretty damn cool. Tony is going to run a batch of parts this weekend so hopefully I'll post some finished pictures by Sunday night.

Here's some pictures of the beam I took at my factory.

Pretty bright at 50 feet..

post-2775-1238210191_thumb.jpg

This wall is about 75 feet away...

post-2775-1238210235_thumb.jpg

How much?

Jack, the flashlight/VFG will never be a product; there's just too much work in it. I joked with Tony today that I had more hours in the gun than he did.

As for the gas plug, it's up to Tony whether or not he wants to produce it.

Edited by BobAsh
Damn,nice mod..Would definelty buy something like that.only one thing i would say,and that is the light needs more spill.Could just be the camera though.

It's a thrower but has plenty of useful spill. My beamshots aren't the best.

If you look at the second pic you can see the edge of the spill on the office by the wall clock. Also it was dark in there when I took them.

I went to look for these today (the light) and they didn't have any. I looked all over, and asked a couple employees. They said "either they're out of stock, or we don't carry them". How in the hell do you not know if you carry them or not? :angry:

Anyway, can't wait to see the final product.

Well now that's just Fucking Awesome! If you could make a similar setup to mass produce, I'd bet you'd sell a shit load. Simple. Integral. Functional. Nothing unnecessary. And best of all IMO, nothing hanging off the side!

I don't think Tony wants to get into the flashlight business, though.

Oh, hell no! I wasn't trying to be insulting, he works on bigger and better things. But the idea could be sold. This particular setup is perfect and is all you need, IMO, for the 8". I think it would go good on my 12" too!