Pretty decently priced, cheap ammo. I know they aren't sub moa or anything, mainly being used for DM type work. But it looks to be fun to shoot. What are your opinions and where's a good place to get one?

Edited by Drusagas

I picked mine up at JGSales. You are correct they are a fun gun to shoot. Took a little getting used to the scope but not all is good. Since I already had a few other 54R rifles this one just seem to fit right in. They warned me of the thinner barrel and heat up issues. Nothing big just wanted me to take my time and not get it as hot as a standard AK.

They can shoot MOA usually. Some better. Some a little worse. Someone I know got theirs shooting 2/3 MOA or so.

Really? That's nice to hear, cause from what I've read it seemed like the best to expect was 2" groups, 4" or more once the barrel started heating up. but maybe that has more to do with shooter error than rifle error. :blues:

IT took me almost 45 minutes to shoot a 10 shot group for "best group"... I put all ten rounds into ONE jagged hole at 100 yards. I was VERY PLEASED... however, you can see the flaw in my operation... If I need to make quick follow up shots... group size will definitely increase!!

My whole point was to see if I could get a good "cold barrel" group... and I did... and it functioned perfectly! When I get shooting more and more... 3 to 4 inches would be the norm for a warming barrel... and one the barrel is hot, you will notice 2 - 3 inch groups...

Again... I wanted to make sure the rifle was zeroed for the very first "cold shot" the one that HAS TO COUNT... its all good! :)

The psl is one of my all time FAVORITE rifles... I recommend one to ANYONE!

:smoke:

I too got sub MOA at 150 yards with Wolf 150 grain FMJ, but, slow fire IS required.

When the barrel does heat, most string vertically, so if you are aiming center of mass, its probably not an issue, remember this rifle was designed as an assett to assist a platoon with a few dedicated, MORE accurate semi rifles, it was NOT a dedicated Sniper weapon, like the SVD.

I think its an excellent choice for the role it was designed for.

Oh, one other thing I have read, is that the rifle takes into account using the sling around your left arm, as a defacto barrel stiffener, so shooting it off sand bags, without the sling pulling the barrel tight, may decrease accuracy.