My saiga arived thismorning!!! Now, its conversion time. I am looking for the following items and realy only care to pay via paypal but for the right time at the right price... well you know...

4 or 6 point ar colapsable stock

adapter block for said stock

fal style pistol grip

extra mags any size 2 - 5 -8 what ever!

after market sights

the motified double hook triger group with guard

and lastly a top folder stock to fit my mossberg 500 and rem 870

let me know what you guys have and stand by for some hot mod pics :bann::clover:

I've never experience nor known anyone that had a failure with a single hook. Redundancy is fine, but I'd just stick with a single hook if you can get one.

I bought a double hook for a MAADI that originally had a double hook... but if the receiver isn't cut for it, I wouldn't deal with the extra grinding/filing required on the receiver or the trigger to make it fit... I just don't see the benefit. With regards to the trigger pull, Red Star Arms doesn't even use a double hook design on it 'target' US FCG parts.

AAHHhhhhh HaHaHaHa!!!

I got this topfolder from Cabelas made for shotguns. I threw away the adapter block that came with it. I cut the end off the Saiga stock at an angle to match the shotgun stock. I cut a piece of handle off an old hammer to fit inside the piece of Saiga stock. Then I drilled a hole through the pistol grip to match up to the screw hole in the bottom of the reciever and put a long wood screw through it. I also put a screw through the two top holes of the reciever and a long one through the back of the shotty stock. I used a little pvc cement to fill the crack where the shotty stock meets the little piece of Saiga stock and that was it.

The shotgun stock has a button that pops out through a hole in the arm to lock it in the open position, but it is not super tight in there and the arm has a tendency to wiggle about 1/16th of an inch up and down. This doesent seem to hurt anything at close range (10-25 yards) but shooting 100 yard targets is a disaster. I had my butt handed to me by a Taurus .44 mag at 50 yards. With the old stock I was grouping rather nicely, but I have noticed that my 50 yard targets are not near as good as they were. I have only the wiggle in the stock to blame for this. Damn $70 mistake on my part.

OOps!.... Looking at it now, I forgot that I did file a bit of material from the top of the pistol grip to match the Saiga reciever angle just right. And I filed a bit from the shotty buttstock to match up to the Saiga block.

This will bolt right up on another Saiga or AK, but might have small gaps around it if it went on a shotgun..... Sorry.

post-23-1107988964.jpg

Ok, here it is. The PVC cement between the two pieces looks kinda shitty, but it didnt bond to the plastic and can be peeled right off. I just used it to try and fill the crack between the two pieces. It is tight to the rifle but makes it feel even more front heavy to me. And it wiggles when in the locked open position like I said. I am going to replace it with a solid buttstock and convert it to the traditional AK style pistol grip. This seemed like a cool idea at the time, it gets plenty of attention at the public range. This is not a machine perfect fit, I described how I did it..... What you see is what you get.

post-23-1108048754.jpg

It is kinda rough huh? Figuring in the $70 shotty stock, the $55 Saiga stock I destroyed and my wifes eyebrow every time I complain about what I have done. I might be better off just piecing out the "used and altered" shotgun part on gunsnet. Thanks for considering it though.

Hey pistonring, If you're going to amputate the tail off the Scorpion, are you gonna go ahead and tackle that project you've been putting off? You know, move that trigger forward and do her up right?

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.