saiga vote  

154 members have voted

1. 1. What barrel length and why?

• 8in barrel
    • 10in barrel
    • 12in barrel
    • 19in barrel
    • 24in barrel

19" because it's what I have and The Evil Empire State won't let me have anything shorter

Legal shotgun barrel length is the least of the evil "Empire State"'s gun laws, but yeah, obviously you own a 19" because that's what you can own.

I have a restored IZ-109 as well, (though perhaps with a few more "frills" than yours, depending on laws; I'm out in CO), with an internal block, a push-button folder, and an Ace Ultra-lite stock. With that 19" barrel, it's pretty long with the stock extended, but folding it changes everything. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I voted for 24 inches because that is what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they drafted the Second Amendment, when they wanted to preserve our rights to go duck huntin' on the weekends.

But seriously, I like the 19" for the versatility, and not having to mess with gas port modifications with the shorter barrels. Also, less muzzle flash, and a little better muzzle velocity than you get with the shorter barrels. I really don't think I will be using mine for much Close Quarters Combat action. so having the really short barrel is not a priority for me.

I like the swing of the 19"

This is an important factor for me as I want it for reasonably close range, multiple, fast moving targets.

• 2 months later...

19" also. If you want spray for close quarters work, use a reverse choke. :)

Still have the issue of the gun being longer and more of a hassle indoors... but you COULD get a bullpup 19 and use that reverse choke and still have an effective skeet/clay/hunting shotty. :)