Ok I don't know why my saiga is jamming, I bought two pro mags at a gun show work great, then bought four from cheaper than dirt and they jam. And I have a new bullet guide and am shooting hollow points. What do you think week spring bullet guide need to broken in/ground down. If you know of any other reasons it could be jamming let me know.

Thanks,

avpfivethousand

So are these the ProMags that are made for Saigas (with the same "lip" that the factory mags have)?

When the gun-show bought ones were working great, was the bullet guide installed?

Maybe check to see if you can see any wear on the face of the bullet guide. I've got a Dinzag guide too, and use HP's all the time with no problems. But I guess I can see that there's potential for an HP to nose dive into a guide.

Check it out, and maybe you can see if it's hitting the guide.

My first two I got at the gun show were labled AK 47 7.62x39 RAA and they jammed then read on a post here that a bullet guide should solve all my problems so picked one up from good ol' Dinzag and the mags fed like a dream. I found some more on cheaper than dirt for $15 bucks and couldn't pass that up. Filed the mag catch a bit and they fit just like the others, but took em to the range and they jammed up every few rounds, but got lucky once and a while and the would feed a whole clip fine. The bullet guide is a little dinged up should I take a dremel to it and shave a little off or just wait for it to wear down naturally?

My first two I got at the gun show were labled AK 47 7.62x39 RAA and they jammed then read on a post here that a bullet guide should solve all my problems so picked one up from good ol' Dinzag and the mags fed like a dream. I found some more on cheaper than dirt for $15 bucks and couldn't pass that up. Filed the mag catch a bit and they fit just like the others, but took em to the range and they jammed up every few rounds, but got lucky once and a while and the would feed a whole clip fine. The bullet guide is a little dinged up should I take a dremel to it and shave a little off or just wait for it to wear down naturally?

So it's only the ones you bought online that are giving you problems, right? Because you ran the gunshow ones with the guide, and they worked?

Maybe someone else who has had this problem can step in. I've never had a problem with HP's and my Dinzag guide (I use steel mags), and I'd hate to tell you to file the guide, and then that create problems.