Need a fix for low brass FTF's?!?!?

I have redesigned the piston. I took a 3 port gun that woundn't eject Federal bulk pack ammo. Put the piston in and it can now fire the weak Winchester Universal out of a fully loaded drum with the spring at the max setting!

This new piston is not intended for and should NOT be used in a Saiga-12 with 4 fully exposed ports. It will completely over power the gas system.

This fix is primarily intended for 3 port guns, or a 4 port gun that has some of it's ports partially or completely blocked.

I don't have a 2 port gun to test it in ( I would like to get a 2 port gun if anyone has one for sale). But I am not to optimistic on it allowing a 2 port to cycle low brass. But will let you know when I find out. Past that, if you have a 2 port gun you really should be contacting CGW to have the ports added by warantee.

I am still testing a few variations of the design but am hoping to be shipping them with in 3 to 4 weeks. I am also going to try and keep the price low on them and am hoping I can sell them for $25 to $30 each.

I have also posted a duplicate of this thread in my section: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=37657

Hey Mike.

I have a two port gun. I dont want to sell it since i have converted it already. But i would use it as a ginny pig. Send me one of your tappets and ill test the low brass shells for you. I can film the results also..

Are they designed similar to the King Armory tappets?

Edited by rtzracer