New rule enacted a today at a range I shoot at. No more than 1 shot per second allowed. Anyone else have this limitation at your range?

Yup, found a plce 5 minutes away from me. Went there and they told me, i couldnt load anymore than 5 rounds in ANY magazine and no more than 1 shot per second. That plus they charger about $25 an hour for range time. I split! Went a lil further and found the right place and great prices. Emptied an entire mag of 15 9mm and looked at the owner. He said, "i dont care as long as you're buyin your ammo here". Good times!

New rule enacted a today at a range I shoot at. No more than 1 shot per second allowed. Anyone else have this limitation at your range?

Same shit plus hourly cost at two of the libjoints in VA Beach, fuckem, found a place right down the street, Shoot Shoot Shoot, don't care whether you buy it from them or not, got a year membership half price for whole family. :killer::killer::up:

the ranges here in Vegas all do that too. There's a good reason though. So many people don't know how to handle a gun. they start pulling the trigger all happy and go right through the ceiling, the lane dividers, everything. Personally, I think these people shouldn't be allowed on the range. I can put all the bullets in my magazine on target as fast as I can pull the trigger. The range officer will come SCREAMING at me that I can't rapid-fire, even though every freaken shot is within at least the 8 ring.

fuk 'em. I avoid those places like the plague. They won't let you work from the holster, either, and there's a stupid SHELF in front of you. What kind of practice or training is that? bah. I'm not training for slow-motion target shooting..

Yeah, there were some around Tulsa like that. Now I just shoot on conservation land ranges in SW Missouri. You can shoot as fast as you want, but only at paper targets. <_<

So if anyone's got a shooting pit on private land in SW MO, drop me a pm. Seriously.

NRA HQ Range doesn't really care what you do, the only time I've been bothered by the range master is if the wheel on my .357 closes or I forget to leave the slide back on a semi-auto. The first time you go, you pay $10 for a range paper test, basically so they can make sure you're not a total idiot, then NRA members pay something like $12 per hour, non-members pay $15 (I think). Good deal, I try to go once-per-week.

Other ones in my area:

Blue Ridge Arsenal - Non-member price is around $10-$25 per hour, they allow you to shoot "short bursts" for NFA weapons, or at least they used to. I don't really prefer their range, last time I was there it was summer and it was way too hot and stuffy.

Silver Eagle - Waaay over priced for non-members; though the basic member price is fair, from what I understand. The range is super nice and they don't really care about "how" you shoot.

I normally just goto the NRA, because it's 5 min from my condo.

I love Knob Creek. $10 for as long as I feel like staying there. I can shoot as fast as I want, with as many rounds as I want, with any gun I want, at anything I can fit through the gate to carry out onto the range to shoot at. The only time the rangemaster is even present is on a real busy day and the only thing he gripes about is if your infront or behind the bench, and if you don't remove your mags and lock your bolt open when they call for clear.

That's the neat thing about capitalism. You get to vote with your feet.

If 50% of their income walks away, they will probably rethink what they're doing.

yep same thing with me..hotwells gun range here in houston has the same rule..i no longer go there

Yep, I too go to Hotwells near Houston - it's always been 1 shot per second (atleast since I've been going there in 2007). But they only charge $7.50 for 1 gun for the whole day & it's close to my house.

Hey voonman, where did you find a place that doesn't have the 'no rapid fire' rule?

At American Shooting Centers just out Westheimer Pkwy. you can double tap, but there is "no rapid fire allowed". No drawing from holsters. Paper targets only. No faces. Seriously, no pictures of bin laden, muggers, anything. Silhouettes are okay and sold at the shop. No NFA weapons allowed. I think that's all the "bad" stuff . . .

But with all the types of people that go there, you can't really blame 'em for the no rapid fire and no drawing from holsters. I've been swept with a loaded gun on several occasions by some dumbass not paying attention to the fact that he's NOT ALONE at the range. And there are NEW bullet holes in the tin roof/cover after almost every weekend. :ded: Needless to say, I try to only go during the week . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke
But with all the types of people that go there, you can't really blame 'em for the no rapid fire and no drawing from holsters. I've been swept with a loaded barrel on several occasions by some dumbass not paying attention to the fact that he's NOT ALONE at the range. And there are NEW bullet holes in the tin roof/cover after almost every weekend. :ded: Needless to say, I try to only go during the week . . .

Yeah, I guess that's why I stick w/ Hotwells in Cypress - they keep the idiots under control pretty well out there. Plus, I don't need to burn up all my good Saiga ammo any way - I usually only go to the range anymore to keep my hunting rifle sighted in.

edit: But I wouldn't mind finding a place where I could go let loose on a full 30 rd. mag every now and then! :devil:

Edited by BullShark012

The range I go to allows you to shoot as many bullets as fast as you wish. Full autos are also allowed as long as you are legal. It sure is fun to see how fast you can unload a Saiga 12 and stay on target. Membership to the range is $55 a year. I try to go at least twice a week, so it's worth .50 cents a visit. This is Montana though, so we don't have too many whiners unless they just moved here from "Johnny Metropolis" and want to bring crappy attitudes with them.

My range is very cool about it.

No full auto, but you can rapid fire as long as you don't make a habit of it.

Club President said you can make sure your weapon "works as advertised".

We also have a 500 yard rifle range and sporting clays.