Tapco T6 Stock trigger problem.

I have installed a Tapco T6 stock on my Saiga 308 and now I need some help. The trigger pulls up and back and I need it to pull stright back. What kind of trigger or Fire control group can I install to improve the trigger pull? I really want to keep the receiver in orignal condition so a drop in type of solution would be nice.

Thanks.

I have installed a Tapco T6 stock on my Saiga 308 and now I need some help. The trigger pulls up and back and I need it to pull stright back. What kind of trigger or Fire control group can I install to improve the trigger pull? I really want to keep the receiver in orignal condition so a drop in type of solution would be nice.

Thanks.

You installed a pistol grip stock? That is what I think you are saying... to my knowledge, there is no drop-in fcg that will maintain the stock trigger configuration. All of the replacement fcg's are for standard AK configured receivers.

I personally would return the stock and do a standard pistol grip conversion. You are finding out that you create more problems trying to avoid the conversion than just doing it... that or just be happy with the issue buttstock. IMHO

Edited by O.S.O.K.

Before spending anymore money on parts, it's strongly recommended that plenty of time be spent on research.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=36751

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=31996

The best option for a PG on the .308 is to do the full conversion. The Tapco T-6 works well on the S-12 but not the .308.

Find someone to sell the T-6 to and buy conversion parts.

Thanks.

With the way the Siaga 308 factory trigger works, you're pretty much limited to the factory stock, if you don't want to do the PG conversion. As you've discovered, the Siaga 308 factory trigger and the Tapco T6 do not go well together.

Could you use the trigger groupe from some standard saiga 39 in the 308 maby

At the very least, you'd have to drill the receiver for another cross pin. If you're going to do that, you'd be better off just doing the PG conversion, IMHO.