New Tromix Top Cover HK/Picatinny Rails (pic)

If I had to guess why they didn't sell better, I'd have to say because it requires TIG welding. I have a fair number of tools.. but like most people, I'm no welder. :(

That's true. Maybe one of the sellers could offer the service of welding on. People could send in their top cover.

Alternatively, you could drill and countersink 2 holes to bolt it on, and then glue it too for good measure.

I FINALLY got a S12 and will buy one of these ... my question is you mention the gas tube rail that'll be on the same plane, does that mean I could mount some AR sights front/rear and have them work? If so that'd be just the ticket for me, I prefer AR sights and have many extra sets already. Also I'd like to have quick detach sights instead of a welded on HK front.

Also, I'd have no worries about JB Weld'ing a part like this on. It would be low weight bearing, and the contact area between it and the top cover is pretty large ... so I can't imagine JB Weld not holding.

There will also be a weld-on gas tube rail that will sit on the same plane as this unit.

Tony

Great!

Edit...just read that the weld on gas tube rail will not be available. DAMNIT, I just ordered the top cover rail!

Edited by gr8santini
The gas tube picatinny rail is also off the table at this point. No need to build paper weights for the shop.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Would it be possible for another smith to make such gas tube rail that lined up with your dust cover rail without mich trouble?

I would really like one of these, but what front sight/s could be used with the HK rear in place?

You use the HK front sight. They sights come in a set from Tromix.

Greg

Now, I just gotta find a set of the Tromix HK sights!!!

I will have some next week.

Greg

Any chance of a pre-order or email notification when you get them?? :D

Send me a PM and I will notify you as soon as they arrive.

Greg

These are now in stock at www.mississippiautoarms.com and www.carolinashooterssupply.com

Sales have been pretty damn slow, so plan on the part being discontinued very shortly.

The gas tube picatinny rail is also off the table at this point. No need to build paper weights for the shop.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Guy I know you have to make a living, but a buck and quarter are a bit steep. Maybe why sales are slow............