Saiga 12 Surefire mag 12 rounder problems.

First post here and glad to be, I need some help, I purchased a Saiga 12 2 weeks ago and a couple of surefire 12 rounders. First shot out of one of the 12 rounder and the lip on the front side of the mag broke off! The other 12 rounder ran fine. Today went out after work and put about 50 rounds threw it with the stock mag no problems, put a new 12 rounder in (made sure it was seated in and solid) fourth shot and the front lip broke off again on a brand new mag (the replacement for the one that broke the first time out) Just to clear up any confusion, no I wasn't holding on to the mag while shooting. Anyone have any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated. Also it likes to stovepipe a lot on the last round out of the factory mag, and what is the expected break in period for these? By the way it was with all 2 3/4 shells and piston was set on 2

Thanks guys

Edited by 775Patriot

Same problem here. Two mags, one broke on the 1st shot, the other ran nearly two boxes before the lip broke off it also. Do you have the return address for the broken mags? Apparently it

is on a slip of paper in the packaging. My local dealer is out of the mags and says I need to return directly to Surefire.

Contact surefiregunmags@aol.com for returns

Yeah I still have one mag still in the package and that is what it says on the little white piece of paper. For 50-60 bucks a pop (LITERALLY!) you would think they would have already had the R&D to figure this problem out. That's too bad. Anyone know of another brand of mag of higher quality?

• 1 year later...