X-Rays of Saiga 12 Magazines

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry it took so long to get these up, seems I never have any time to myself these days.   Since there has been some discussion as to which magazines have steel inserts and which do not, I have t

Send me one.   Thanks for the bump, Chile. Its cool to see this pop back up from time to time. I've come a long way since I started this thread, both personally and professionally.   Well, I was s

DistalRadius, send me your mailing address and I'll have a sample sent to you... If your up for taking some more cool pictures.

Posted Images

Need to have a captioning contest .... someone step up and make a t shirt. Caption winner get's a freebee?

I like the buckshot pic.

My title would be

"Anatomy of Self Defense"

which barely beat out

"All your zombies belong to us" ... in my head anyways.!!

What say ye?

I suspect that if Mike at MD Arms ever makes a stick mag, you can bet it'll have metal reinforcement on the front tab.

Nice!! Makes me wish the AGPs had the front metal insert like the russian mags... Time to Frankenmag!! Lol.
I took the one of the drum (my favorite) and did a quick Photoshop job to restore the section on the left that got slightly cut off. I cleaned up a couple spots too:

xraydrum170.jpg

This needs to be a T-shirt.........

Oh, Juggernaut?!

Corbin

In glow in the dark ink!!!!!

Hey Mike!!!!

Now featuring the coveted Russian 8! Everybody give mad props to forum member Frogfoot for entrusting me with his magazine. Paid for shipping both ways and everything, outta his own pocket no less. Real stand-up fella, its guys like these that make this forum great.

So everybody give a big hand to Frogfoot for making this possible!

post-6253-1239749254_thumb.jpg

A little hard to see the steel reinforcement in this one, but we'll see it better in the next.

post-6253-1239749335_thumb.jpg

The steel tab is clearly visible and, for whatever reasons, is of a slightly different design than the Russian 5.

post-6253-1239749469_thumb.jpg

Top view. Really not much to see here, but the front tab is visible so I included it for completeness' sake.

post-6253-1239749538_thumb.jpg

Oblique view! My favorite so far!

When Frogfoot loaned me his mag, he specifically requested that I take some pictures with the steel feedlips removed, in order to better visualize that area of the mag. Being a man of my word, here they are:

post-6253-1239749750_thumb.jpg

post-6253-1239749770_thumb.jpg

post-6253-1239749783_thumb.jpg

I love this forum! :wub:

post-6253-1239749865_thumb.jpg

Thumbs up! Another job well done! :smoke:

• Like 5

I love this forum.

Very cool. I'd be willing to ship a Surefire mag, but we already know they don't have any reinforcements. That clear Surefire mag CSS has pretty much shows how it's made.

Corbin

I love this forum.

Very cool. I'd be willing to ship a Surefire mag, but we already know they don't have any reinforcements. That clear Surefire mag CSS has pretty much shows how it's made.

Corbin

you can come see mine..... wanna shoot this weekend???