Do you think the Saiga will be banned?

Their importation might be banned, (along with foreign ammo, "high capacity" mags, etc).. King Barry does hate a well-armed citizenry. I don't expect ones that are already in the US to be outlawed, Barry's not stupid enough to think that a new AWB that involved actual privately owned weapons confiscation would pass or be tolerated by the people.. at least not anytime soon.

So.. if no more could be imported starting some time in the next 18 months.. then their value would increase quite a bit. As for how high they'll go.. they'll go as high as people are willing to pay for a newly produced AK "sporting" rifle.

Really, who knows? It'll depend on how draconian Barry's impending assault to our 2nd Amendment is. We know it'll be bad.. how bad remains to be seen.

I'm pretty sure Saigas are listed by name on all the new versions of an AWB that have been floating around. If not, someone correct me.

But either way, everything's going up in price. Buy what you want, as soon as you can.

I'm pretty sure Saigas are listed by name on all the new versions of an AWB that have been floating around. If not, someone correct me.

But either way, everything's going up in price. Buy what you want, as soon as you can.

on the current proposed legislation they are listed by name.

You know the master plan is a complete ban on all weapons, lets not fool ourselves, whats not in this round will be in the next, or the next, its much harder to enslave you if your armed, and make no mistakes, thats what he wants, and he will stop at nothing, he will go to any extreme to achieve his goal.

Technically HR 1022 is completely dead, having expired with the last congress, so would have to be reintroduced as a new bill (not that that isn't likely).

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022

Also, it looks like Pelosi has no plans on bringing this back up for now, and there are a decent number of moderate Democrats who actually are against a new ban.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi...2009-02-26.html

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2009/03/18/2...ault-weapon-ban

Edited by stix213
He has his attorney general talking about disarming us so Mexico will be safer! Hahahahahahahahaha! The drug guys are using full autos the stole or bought from the Mexican army and police.

Actually thats part true, a large number of US semi-autos are turning up down there. Its not just gear pilfered off of the mexican army. Still it really has nothing to do with honest law abiding gun owners. I mean making "assault" rifles illegal is not going to stop drug gangs from operating.

Legalization of marijuana would. :smoke:

I've heard that the Mexican government will not release the serial numbers of guns they captured on their side of the border, so who knows?

Yeah I heard that to. We know that the ATF in El Paso have seized "thousands of guns" over the past 12 months that were in the process of being smuggled into mexico. But the weapons that make their way across the border are only partially disclosed to the ATF. Obviously the mexican government is hesitant to release all the serial numbers they receive for the reason stated above: there are ALOT of weapons procured from Mexican Army and Federal Police.

Heres the thing, we can be pro-2nd amendment and Anti-Weapons smuggling. There are plenty of laws on the books already that would prevent smuggling of arms across the border if they were enforced. Banning semi-auto sales in the US will not immediately stop illegal smuggling of arms. I would like to see data during the Clinton Ban that shows and increase of decrease in mexican smuggling. I suspect there was only a slight decrease, not enough to justify infringing on my hobby.... but thats just speculation.

Heres the thing, we can be pro-2nd amendment and Anti-Weapons smuggling. There are plenty of laws on the books already that would prevent smuggling of arms across the border if they were enforced.

Agree totally. The communist pussy wimp press however cannot/will not disclose the fact that most likely there are no granades, RPG's, or full auto weapons smuggled across our border into Mexico.

I hope everyone that took the time time to reply to this thread has taken the time to join the NRA because increasing our numbers is what will actually accomplish something.

The NRA is a bunch of Fudds. The NY branch of the NRA did absolutely jack shit to prevent pistol permits, changes to the permit system, they don't fight the AWB.

If Heston really meant "from my cold dead hands" he'd have been holding an AR or an AK, not a damn muzzleloader :-P

If anything, the GOA is the org you really want to join. At least they care about gun rights beyond being able to own a bolt-action rifle for hunting.

I hope everyone that took the time time to reply to this thread has taken the time to join the NRA because increasing our numbers is what will actually accomplish something.

The NRA is a bunch of Fudds. The NY branch of the NRA did absolutely jack shit to prevent pistol permits, changes to the permit system, they don't fight the AWB.

If Heston really meant "from my cold dead hands" he'd have been holding an AR or an AK, not a damn muzzleloader :-P

If anything, the GOA is the org you really want to join. At least they care about gun rights beyond being able to own a bolt-action rifle for hunting.

You appear to have a very myopic view of the NRA. I would suggest you actually research in depth all that the NRA has accomplished for gun owners. We can all agree that we wish more was accomplished but the NRA has a tremendous track record. "If anything, the GOA is the org you really want to join."?? Are we to infer that you have not sent money to any organization to help in the fight for your rights? No offense my friend, but wake up and smell the coffee.

I suspect that many of the guns that actually are being smuggled into Mexico from the U.S. are purchased by regular Mexican citizens who are simply trying to obtain the means to effectively defend themselves and their families. Regardless, those guns are not coming from law-abiding American citizens. Moreover, there are already laws on the books prohibiting such weapons smuggling. Those laws should be enforced, but no new laws interfering with law-abiding American citizens purchasing and owning guns are needed, or would be in any way helpful. The drug gangs certainly are not obtaining significant numbers of selective fire guns, grenades, RPGs, etc. from the U.S. as a result of law-abiding American citizens being able to purchase semi-automatic firearms.

As for the NRA, I agree with 1911. No organization is perfect, but the NRA has done a great deal to defend the Second Amendment. Every legal gun owner should be a member. If you want to join some other Pro-Second Amendment group as well, great; but no other organization has in fact been as effective as the NRA.

Mexico is a lost cause. IF the people there are to scared to stand up for themselves let them collapse, if the FEDERAL govt would help the stae govt patrol the border on our side the situation would not be spilling ove into the border towns. IM not sayin that all the gun crime in those towns is mexican nationals but IM sure a large amount of it is. Ill say 80% and sleep ok tonight. Im sure what will happen is the old school class form of punishment for gun owners, somebody was bad so eveyone is gonna suffer. And that twunt clinton down there bad mouthing US citizens because were all drug addicts. If the mexican govt could police itself like the US govt polices its citizens their would be no drug cartels owning entire police forces and cities. In my opinion its gonna be another Iraq, not our fault but everyone and even OUR REPRESENTIVES will blame you and me for wanting to have our house at 68 dgrees year round and wanting to hit some blow, or maybe just 2 or 3 in 10 TAXPAYERS who like some coke. Anyway Im done cuz I havent typed this much since high school, and by the way join the NRA because most other progun groups are probably considered MILITIA by the feds, which given time the NRA will be too. God bless you and your kids and the American who will fight for the American life.

The Mexican government is not releasing the serial numbers of the captured firearms... probably because a lot of them came from them!

I suspect that many of the guns that actually are being smuggled into Mexico from the U.S. are purchased by regular Mexican citizens who are simply trying to obtain the means to effectively defend themselves and their families. Regardless, those guns are not coming from law-abiding American citizens. Moreover, there are already laws on the books prohibiting such weapons smuggling. Those laws should be enforced, but no new laws interfering with law-abiding American citizens purchasing and owning guns are needed, or would be in any way helpful. The drug gangs certainly are not obtaining significant numbers of selective fire guns, grenades, RPGs, etc. from the U.S. as a result of law-abiding American citizens being able to purchase semi-automatic firearms.

As for the NRA, I agree with 1911. No organization is perfect, but the NRA has done a great deal to defend the Second Amendment. Every legal gun owner should be a member. If you want to join some other Pro-Second Amendment group as well, great; but no other organization has in fact been as effective as the NRA.

The Mexican government is not releasing the serial numbers of the captured firearms... probably because a lot of them came from them!

Fox News actually has a good story on this today. Turns out that as suspected the 90% of guns captured in Mexico are from the US number actually is a little high... just a bit.... more like 17%

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/...number-claimed/

Fox News actually has a good story on this today. Turns out that as suspected the 90% of guns captured in Mexico are from the US number actually is a little high... just a bit.... more like 17%

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/...number-claimed/

17% is still 17% too much mind you, but it does put it into perspective. Basically a little less than one out of every 5 weapons traced is much lower than the 9 out of 10 figure. While I am not pro-ban (few people here are Id guess), I do support jailing the smugglers who transported give these weapons to the violent cartels. Maybe thats the best way to combat this problem, stiffer penalties for smugglers...... Still I hope legalizing pot is part of the equation.... :smoke:

With everything else the gov. has on their plate, I think gun bans are very low on the list right now.

Oh, I don't think he'll announce it next week or anything, but under King Barry's heel we all know that a new, more draconian "AW"B is coming, (with no sunset this time).

Remember that B.H. Obama voted more than once to charge citizens in Illinois with manslaughter for defending themselves from intruders in their own homes with legally purchased firearms. He also supported the DC handgun ban before the Supreme Court struck it down.

King Barry clearly opposes the idea of a free and armed populace. Citizens are much more difficult to turn into mere subjects if they're armed. Every 20th century tyrant disarmed the people as one of his first acts, before moving on to the atrocities they committed. Obama's following their playbook, as he longs to become a dictator, (some would argue he already has).

Stack your arms high and stack em deep, friends. We're in for some dark times before our country is free of that Marxist charlatan currently living in the White House. :evil:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
With everything else the gov. has on their plate, I think gun bans are very low on the list right now.

Remember that B.H. Obama voted more than once to charge citizens in Illinois with manslaughter for defending themselves from intruders in their own homes with legally purchased firearms. He also supported the DC handgun ban before the Supreme Court struck it down.

King Barry clearly opposes the idea of a free and armed populace. Citizens are much more difficult to turn into mere subjects if they're armed. Every 20th century tyrant disarmed the people as one of his first acts, before moving on to the atrocities they committed. Obama's following their playbook, as he longs to become a dictator, (some would argue he already has).

Stack your arms high and stack em deep, friends. We're in for some dark times before our country is free of that Marxist charlatan currently living in the White House. :evil:

I'm sorry, I'm not an Obama supporter and I'm certainly not pro-gun control, but when Barry-O voted to charge people with manslaughter if they shot someone in self defense with a HANDGUN the law applied to Chicago, where HANDGUNS ARE ILLEGAL. Therefore they are NOT defending themselves with a "legally purchased weapon."

The Russians tried hard to get around things by having it be a hunting rifle configuration but do you think it will be banned anyway? Also, how high do you think prices will go for these fine rifles?

If there was a new AWB passed the Saiga would be banned. It's banned by name in that recent AWB that was struck down in committee.

Edited by saigafun12345

Much agreed, the NRA hasn't done shit for us in NJ either. It's funny how they pay so much attention to places that already have gun rights, not the ones where the debate is needed.

What many people don't realize is the fate of your "free state" is tied very closely to us lib-states.

I know its hard to believe, because it seems like years already - but Obama has only been in office for a couple of MONTHS!!! He now owns the banks, car manufacturers, insurance, mortgages, throws trillions around like trash, violates the constitution and goes unchecked because few seem to care, started playing with the mandatory service initiative, is determining corporate salaries and bonuses, is about to SERIOUSLY redistribute the wealth and tax the middle class down to poverty, closing gitmo and releasing the terrorists, hired every criminal he could find and put them in the government, completely owns the media, and is starting the socialized health care system.

It has only been two months, trust me, at this rate he will get to the guns soon enough. He has "special" plans for guns. Obama made sure that everyone responsible for taking the lead in anti-gun legislation over the last decade is a high ranking official in his cabinet. From the violence on the Mexican Border, to dead cops, to active shooter incidents happening almost every week - America is being conditioned to realize that gun control is something Obama had to do for the "greater good". It is happening no different here than it did in Germany, England, and Australia. I remember a lot of Australians denying that guns would be banned, even in the days before it actually happened. "He could never do that" or "that could never happen" or "the people would never stand for that", are famous last words from formerly free people.

We can not just put our head in the sand. Although the NRA lacks the resources to fight every battle, they are fighting the war hard- and not just for the "fudds". They fought hard for AK and AR ownership rights in California, and because of that, I am a life member.

Judging from the NRA letters and phone calls I've recently been rcvng...I would guess there will be an attempt to make us register them & possibly pay for a fed permit to own them....not to mention other firearms with "detachable magazines"...and there is the issue of a legal definition for "assault weapon". HR 45 will certainly "grow legs" in our current Congress...how far it goes may depend on how well we...as law abiding, armed citizens, communicate to our representatives and the various US media machines...that we will not tolerate loss of our rights. I saw a CNN interview with the brother of the Pittsburg shooter that went nuts recently and killed several police...in the interview he cited one of the reasons the shooter was "distressed" was the fact that the government was taking action to ban his weapons!