I emailed EAA several weeks ago about the Saiga 100 which is the model that will be chambered for 30-06 and the IZH-18MH which is the single shot rifle. They replied that they will not be imported till after the first of the year. I am not holding my breath as when they announced these rifles eailer this year they said they would be here by the 3rd quarter of this year when I emailed them this spring.

• 11 months later...
Guest GA gun freak

I bought a siaga 308 two weeks ago and I took it out of the box and went down into the swamp with it and a picture of my girlfriends mom and put the picture on a tree and backed up about 40 yards and fired one shot and it was a centered head shot this baby is dead on out of the box! this is amazing for such simple iron sights. I cant wait for the siaga 3006 if its as smooth shooting as the 308 I would highly recomend it over any other hunting rifle for its reliability, lightweight construction, and deadly accuracy. when it comes out I would say fuck the M1 and BAR. I just cant wait for Siaga to make some high capacity mags

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally emailed EAA yesterday about their saiga quality and the fun i'm having and asked about making one in 7.62x54 too?? They got back to me right away in less than 24hrs. and said my email got forwarded to russia!!!! A saiga in 7.62x54 I'm in heaven a big bore plinker with even cheaper ammo!!!!! Its worth the wait.

Edited by Unknown Poster

7.62-54 is cool but there are a zillion different rounds for a 30-06. I have fed my old 03-A3 everything from 55 grain accelerators to 220 grain cast shoulder bruisers.

You just can't get any other round in nearly as many flavors!

G O B

GOB I agree about the '06 but my hunting rifle(mossberg) is sighted in for 180gr bullets I hate to move the scope, I wanted another Saiga semi for shooting the cheap 7.62x54 FMJ surplus ammo 880rds for $70 because of the chromed lined barrel with corrosive ammo and the really cheap $4+ a box 204gr. Russian Barnaul Soft point ammo too I picked up a bunch of it too on sale. The less I have to reload the better I just got done doing 5K of 308 and i have another 3k to go yet but i'll save it for when it snows. I just picked up 1,000rds russian made baranul 30-06 FMJ for $1.99 a box of 20 for my FN49 Lux. I shoot a 6,5mm swede and a 7mm mauser for smaller game too. I try to shoot a mix of different ammo reloaded, surplus FMJ and new ammo too but my 30-06 bolt is fed just the 180's it shoots 3/4" groups @ 100yds. so I hate to change the setting. UKP

I wanted some newer but with everything getting so pricy lately the saigas sure look more attractive and if they offer more calibers like the 7.62x54 I'll bet that all the military surplus collectors will jump at the chance to buy one since the dragunov's are out of sight with the prices too. Affordable gun and cheap ammo gets my vote.

Edited by Unknown Poster

A saiga in 30-06 would be a very useful addition to their line. There isnt a big game animal in North America that hasnt been taken with 30-06. A very wide range of bullets available and certainly plenty of power. I would even leave it in "sporter" configuration. 7.62x54 aint bad either I would definitely take one of those, I think I will email them about that as well, if enough of us write maybe something will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Double D

Sorry i'm not loged in.

I would DEFINATELY want a 7.62 X 54R saiga. THat would be SWEET! Cheaper ammo than 308, and powerful, too. Make it in two versions, one with an 18 inch barrel the other with a 22 inch barrel, and you'd have a seller there!!!! :killer::killer:

As an owner of a romanian PSL sniper rifle in 7.62X54R, I can tell ya it is an incredibly SWEET gun. I have a saiga .410 already, but they will need to really step up to the plate to make theirs much better... The PSL has virtually ZERO recoil kick from a benchrest shooting position, and considering the size of the casing, that is saying something. Mine, having only shot milsurp czeck silver tip, and wolf, is quite accurate insofar as I can get 1.5 inch groups CONSISTENTLY at 100 yards with the stock 4X scope that came with it from the factory. Were I to be reloading my own ammo, I am SURE I could squeeze that number down to 1" or maybe even 3/4" It is an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to shoot, it fits the hand and the body like it was made to be a part of the shooter. Just wear hearing protection... that SOB has got to be *THE* loudest gun I have ever shot... even when faced up against the Lazzaroni .308 Warbird, and a .300 Winchester magnum.

I LOVE my PSL and if Saiga can make a shooter that equals it in the accuracy and comfort range they TRULY will have a WINNER!!!!

As an owner of a romanian PSL sniper rifle in 7.62X54R, I can tell ya it is an incredibly SWEET gun. I have a saiga .410 already, but they will need to really step up to the plate to make theirs much better... The PSL has virtually ZERO recoil kick from a benchrest shooting position, and considering the size of the casing, that is saying something. Mine, having only shot milsurp czeck silver tip, and wolf, is quite accurate insofar as I can get 1.5 inch groups CONSISTENTLY at 100 yards with the stock 4X scope that came with it from the factory. Were I to be reloading my own ammo, I am SURE I could squeeze that number down to 1" or maybe even 3/4" It is an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to shoot, it fits the hand and the body like it was made to be a part of the shooter. Just wear hearing protection... that SOB has got to be *THE* loudest gun I have ever shot... even when faced up against the Lazzaroni .308 Warbird, and a .300 Winchester magnum.

I LOVE my PSL and if Saiga can make a shooter that equals it in the accuracy and comfort range they TRULY will have a WINNER!!!!

Yeah I have been checking out those PSL's I think thats next. There is a guy who is making synthetic stocks for them now. Looks kind of like the real russian dragonuv stock. Sweet

http://www.dragunov.net/stocksets.htm