Gunfixer's Improved Gas Plug

I have just installed my Gunfixer Gas Plug following the instructions. When I screw it all the way in, it bottoms out just past position # 2, so position # 2 is my first setting.

The instructions indicate that after bottoming out the plug, the next 4 counter-clockwise positions are your gas settings. If so, the numbers I would be adjusting to (in counter-clockwise order) would be: #2, #3, -1, +1.

In this order....does each further counter-clockwise ajustment past setting #3 (ie: -1, +1) add more gas to the system??

Do I instead take the numbers at face value & adjust as follows:

- Starting at # 2, turn counter-clockwise to # 3 adding max amount of gas.

- then turn counter-clockwise to position -1 to almost completely reduce the gas.

- then turn counter-clockwise to position +1 to add a small amount of gas.

- then to add more gas...go back clockwise to position # 2.

The above seems the logical way it should work, but I thought it better to ask a dumb question rather than risking over-gasing my gun by doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for your help....

Do I instead take the numbers at face value & adjust as follows:

- Starting at # 2, turn counter-clockwise to # 3 adding max amount of gas.

- then turn counter-clockwise to position -1 to almost completely reduce the gas.

- then turn counter-clockwise to position +1 to add a small amount of gas.

- then to add more gas...go back clockwise to position # 2.

The above seems the logical way it should work, but I thought it better to ask a dumb question rather than risking over-gasing my gun by doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for your help....

You got it right. If you screw it out more it will not add more gas. The way it works is that there are slots cut that correspond in size with the numbers above them.

And would half way between 3 and -1 be completly shut off with no gas? I"m wondering if this setting might be OK with 3" high brass and the reduced recoil spring.

And I assume any contact to the rear trunion on recoil is a bad thing, even the slightest amount, correct?

And would half way between 3 and -1 be completly shut off with no gas? I"m wondering if this setting might be OK with 3" high brass and the reduced recoil spring.

And I assume any contact to the rear trunion on recoil is a bad thing, even the slightest amount, correct?

That would shut off the gas, and therefore completely stop cycling. It would be fine with 3" high brass, but you'll have to straight pull on every shot.

I don't think this is true.

Mine bangs the shit out of the back plate and it's fine.

I personally think it needs to go all the way back to cycle correctly.

It wont destroy your gun but its not advised to run your gun with high power shots on high gas setting. I learned the hard way, my dust cover flap broke clean off when I forgot to turn it to low gas setting with 3" slugs.