Using a foreign made buffer tube and a US made buttstock to construct a 6 position collapsible stock.

Does the buffer tube render it noncompliant as a buttstock assembly?

Well....

AR pistols have a buffer tube without a collapsing stock assembly on them. Some of the cooler ones have a foam piece over them though.

That's not a stock. otherwise there would be a crapton of people in club fed right now and I don't think it's just because the BATFE hasn't noticed yet.

Now, the second I take an ar stock and slide it onto my ar pistol buffer tube WHETHER OR NOT it has the holes to keep the stock in place, locked...I have an SBR.

So...

Your buffer tube should be fine. You're taking a part that is NOT a stock and is NOT a listed part in 922r...And putting a stock, which IS a listed part in 922 r on it.

I don't see the issue here- 922r doesn't say jack about buffer tubes. it does mention stocks and the part the OP is taking about that is US made is the stock itself. Buffer tubes are not stocks any more than the pistol grip screw is a pistol grip. The buffer tube is simply what you mount the stock onto. The ATF has recognized this with AR pistols for a long time.

Here's the big money question- is your buffer tube marked as foreign made? If no, then there is ZERO way to tell it from a US made part. In fact I imagine that quite a few of the AR buffer tubes floating around on kit ar builds are actually of chicom make.

TL;DR version-

Is not a gray area. Buffer tubes are buffer tubes and stocks are stocks. 922 doesn't care about buffer tubes but it does care about stocks.

Both serve completely different operational purposes. The buffer tube allows for the buffer to travel rearwards in an ar. The stock allows the firearm to be shouldered.

But yeah, if in doubt contact ATF. But if they're looking at your freaking buffer tube to see if you have a noncompliant stock you're in way deeper shit than 922r. I wouldn't lose sleep over it- the only people who do are us on the gun forums.