Hello All, Newbie here with 1st Saiga rifle!!!

Welcome!

How do you like the factory skeleton stock? I have one and it is the next best thing to a full conversion (other than trigger).

It's been raining here, Good Lord know we need it, and I have not shot it yet. It's just like money burning a hole in your pocket and I want to make it go BANG! I do like the stock, I wish it was adjustable though.

Welcome Ken! I know that you will love the Saiga, and the ones that follow!! They're like Lays tater chips ya just can't stop at one! Start reading all the posts on doing a conversion, cause you will eventually do it. There are some great videos of the process and TONS of info here on the forum..just take your time and start reading!

Welcome!

How do you like the factory skeleton stock? I have one and it is the next best thing to a full conversion (other than trigger).

It's been raining here, Good Lord know we need it, and I have not shot it yet. It's just like money burning a hole in your pocket and I want to make it go BANG! I do like the stock, I wish it was adjustable though.

I noticed this today while I was looking for other accessories:

http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=212

It is the Saiga skeleton stock that has been modified to make it adjustable. I haven't seen one in real life or know how well they did the modification, but it looks exactly like what you just wished for.

Welcome!

It is the Saiga skeleton stock that has been modified to make it adjustable. I haven't seen one in real life or know how well they did the modification, but it looks exactly like what you just wished for.

I am also a newbie and I got the skeleton stock and man, that adjustable skeleton stock would be great given that out of the box it seems sized for someone much, much shorter than I am. However, $200 seems rather steep, no? I am planning on trying to put a recoil pad on to see if it will fit better, but I think I need more than the 1" that a recoil pad will add.

On the potato chip thing-yeah, it only took me a couple of weeks to supplement my x39 with a 410. If I only had more money and I could find them, I would probably buy a S12. Now I just need to find ammo and a good place to shoot these babies in Houston.

Big Baba, ask around some of the local gunshops about shooting ranges, I'm sure there are some around your area, or ask some friends, someone may have some land that you could shoot on. Ask Nalioth, a member here, he may be able to enlighten you. He's from the Houston area as well, and a walking encyclopedia on Saigas and conversions!

I have yet to get a Saiga shotty, but want to badly, but may be awhile. My company just told us that we will be cutting back to thirty hour weeks starting soon. At least I have the parts for my conversion paid for on the x39.

Anyhow, y'all ENJOY!!

Big Baba, ask around some of the local gunshops about shooting ranges, I'm sure there are some around your area, or ask some friends, someone may have some land that you could shoot on. Ask Nalioth, a member here, he may be able to enlighten you. He's from the Houston area as well, and a walking encyclopedia on Saigas and conversions!

I have yet to get a Saiga shotty, but want to badly, but may be awhile. My company just told us that we will be cutting back to thirty hour weeks starting soon. At least I have the parts for my conversion paid for on the x39.

Anyhow, y'all ENJOY!!

Thanks! I have some regular ranges I shoot my handguns (S&W model 19, S&W 6906 9mm), but they don't allow rifles. Nalioth pointed me in the right direction when I asked specifically about this in the 410 forum. Looking forward to following his advice and burning through some ammo!

Welcome!

It's almost what I'm looking for. I really like the adjustable rear on my DPMS AR. That is what I'm really looking for. Also, at $199.00 that is out of my reach right now. Thanks for looking for me. All of ya'lls opinions have been greatly appreciated! Thanks to all of you!