Magnolia State Armory AR-15 Conversion comparison

I see MSA has two AR-15 Mag conversions, but I'm not really sure what's the real difference between the two. Anyone know what it is? THe original is priced at 159 and the other is at 225. Is it worth the price difference? I'm guessing the 225 one is a permanent conversion that requires more machining?

They dont have a photo on their website.

http://magnoliastatearmory.com/products-pa...iga-ar-adapter/

• 1 year later...

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MAGNOLIA STATE ARMORY!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a Saiga .223 adapter six weeks ago from these crooks. They have not delivered their product, and we are going on week six now. I have given numerous emails to these frauds to either give me a refund or send the adapter. They have done neither. Hence, "buyer beware" with these internet scam artists. Save your money and get saiga mags or find another reputable dealer who makes and sells adapters.

We have several of their Saiga AR adapters in stock, but we will not be reordering (not due to performance issue), so we have pulled them from our website.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MAGNOLIA STATE ARMORY!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a Saiga .223 adapter six weeks ago from these crooks. They have not delivered their product, and we are going on week six now. I have given numerous emails to these frauds to either give me a refund or send the adapter. They have done neither. Hence, "buyer beware" with these internet scam artists. Save your money and get saiga mags or find another reputable dealer who makes and sells adapters.

We have several of their Saiga AR adapters in stock, but we will not be reordering (not due to performance issue), so we have pulled them from our website.

MSA, all I can say is wow, your reputation is well ahead of you, rather complete lack of such. Besides the business and attitude problems now you have performance issues reported by score of buyers and another reputable seller. :ded:

BKLYN: If you read mississippi's post again, you'll see that he said it's (NOT DUE TO PERFORMANCE ISSUES).

Yeah, my bad. Apologies to MSA for that as soon as he issues apologies and reimbursements to every one he screwed up so far.

Edited by BKLYN_C

BKLYN: If you read mississippi's post again, you'll see that he said it's (NOT DUE TO PERFORMANCE ISSUES).

Yeah, my bad. Apologies to MSA for that as soon as he issues apologies and reimbursements to every one he screwed up so far.

Agree with you 100%. Just wanted to clarify that it's not a product issue, but a company issue.

Isn't it a federal felony under interstate commerce law to take payment and not deliver something for it?

I almost bought a MSA adapter until i saw all the posts about people not getting the product nor their money back.

Edited by notofnow

I have posted about the reliability of the MSA adapter before. I have an early model. I waited many weeks for its delivery. There were problems with the development and people that had pre-ordered were kept up to date of the process. When I finally received the finished product, I received a call from MSA inquiring how the installation had gone and what they could do to help out.

That doesn't sound to me like a fly-by-night outfit. There were obviously problems with the company but I don't personally believe that the management intended to rip anyone off.

The adapter works great. Too bad about the aftermath.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad somebody asked that question here. Short answer..................He's still stealing peoples money. He stole mine very recently and my crap hand filled up first despite my best efforts at wishing. For all his intentions this guy is a thief. Brings to mind the parable of the snake:

"Once upon a time there was a serpent who was badly injured in a fight with another animal. It managed to slither away to safety but would have surely died if a benevolent man had not seen it suffering by the side of the road. The goodly man carefully wrapped the snake up and took it to his house, where he bestowed the kindest and gentlest care on the snake until it was healed and could return to the wild. Just as the man was releasing the serpent back into the grass, the ungrateful snake turned and bit him on the hand.

"What did you do that for?" cried the man, who knew that the bite of this particular snake was usually fatal. "Didn't I take care of you when no one else would?"

The snake shrugged (no small feat for a snake!) and replied to the benevolent--and now doomed-- man, "What did you expect? You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

About three weeks ago I ordered one from MSA too... No e-mails answered, no product, no nothing. :evil: So I see on another post that Mississippi Auto Arms has a few of the Saiga adapters left, they just took them off their sight as they are fed up with MSA, and I'm like SWEET!! :super: So in like two days I get the adapter from them and start grinding on my rifle and fitting it and then I'm like "Wait I know that the directions say that not all rifles are the same and not all adapters are the same and you may have to fit them but, oh Christ they sent me one of the GALIL adapters in a SAIGA package!!!! :o WTF!!! :angry: So I am sooo pissed that I MAKE the Galil adapter and the RIFLE make sweet love together :wub::kiss::f0ckers: and now I have a SAIGA that takes AR, AK and GALIL mags! SWEET! :super: once again. LOOK FOR A COMPLETE RUN DOWN OF THE INSTALL SOON. Anyways, I have come to the conclusion that I will have to file for a return on my money from MSA and wait for renegadebuck to get done with the latest batch of his adapters, for future adaptations of course! :lolol:

P.S. These emoticon things are addictive :D

About three weeks ago I ordered one from MSA too... No e-mails answered, no product, no nothing. :evil: So I see on another post that Mississippi Auto Arms has a few of the Saiga adapters left, they just took them off their sight as they are fed up with MSA, and I'm like SWEET!! :super: So in like two days I get the adapter from them and start grinding on my rifle and fitting it and then I'm like "Wait I know that the directions say that not all rifles are the same and not all adapters are the same and you may have to fit them but, oh Christ they sent me one of the GALIL adapters in a SAIGA package!!!! :o WTF!!! :angry: So I am sooo pissed that I MAKE the Galil adapter and the RIFLE make sweet love together :wub::kiss::f0ckers: and now I have a SAIGA that takes AR, AK and GALIL mags! SWEET! :super: once again. LOOK FOR A COMPLETE RUN DOWN OF THE INSTALL SOON. Anyways, I have come to the conclusion that I will have to file for a return on my money from MSA and wait for renegadebuck to get done with the latest batch of his adapters, for future adaptations of course! :lolol:

P.S. These emoticon things are addictive :D

I was around about the same time as you. I ordered on April 29th . I'm also planning on ordering from Missippi Auto Arms. Can you tell what you had to do to mod the Galil adapter? My trunion is done and all I need is an adapter and I'm set. My rifle came with one Promag when I bought it off GB and I picked up 10 P-Mags assuming that MSA had his act together. The Promag was crap on my range outing so I effectively have nothing .

Why would this man continue taking money if he knows he does'nt have product to sell. He's killing any chance he might've had for a recovery because his Company name is MUD .

Edited to add that I filed a complaint with GunPal and since thirty days have passed I'll be looking into drawing up my own affidavit this week.

Edited by solidus

Emailed MSA and got a response! FWIW:

"Hello,

I've recently purchased a Saiga .223 and I'm curious if you are still producing these adapters. What is the lead-time on the AR2KS223 adapter if I order today.

----

Magnolia State Armory to me

We are starting to ship all backorders next week. So either ships next week with them or the following.

Sincerely,

Nathan May

www.MagnoliaStateArmory.com"

Put in an order with Mississippi Auto Arms this evening for one, couldn't wait two weeks to see if people started getting theirs.

"Hello,

I've recently purchased a Saiga .223 and I'm curious if you are still producing these adapters. What is the lead-time on the AR2KS223 adapter if I order today.

----

We are starting to ship all backorders next week. So either ships next week with them or the following.

Sincerely,

Nathan May

Put in an order with Mississippi Auto Arms this evening for one, couldn't wait two weeks to see if people started getting theirs.

Let us know if you get yours from MSA. Bought mine from MAA around Nov & wouldn't mind having another one as a back up.

"Hello,

----

Sincerely,

Nathan May

From my reading , that reply seems oddly familiar. It would've held a ton of weight had that email been sent to all the people waiting on those "backorders". Unfortunately it sounds more like a little bait for another victim. Of course I'll post here if I recieve my adapter like he says.