My Ultimak screw up?

I bought a Saiga 12 in Summer 07'.

Carolina shooter Supply has ultimak in stock, but says the 08' saiga 12 is the "exception" and need new drilled mods.

I had purchased it in 07'????

WTF.???

....and my front sight pin was stuck and now after many tries........ is buried and needs an "EZ-out"!

post-9755-1238705514_thumb.jpg

I sent them an email, but no contact yet, Ill try later tonight again to follow up w/ the pics I sent them.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Benelli M4 SPAS12 user

I had the same exact problem, the sight is pressed in. Had to drill and tap a new mounting hole. Also had to grind a little off the inside to bring it back a bit further so the rear screw would line up with the mounting wedge they sent.

Matt

The sight seems to be unmovable, no spin, nothing!

Whats the next step of options?

How can I tell from the gun or all the info on the 12's manual, to get the gun manuf. date?

Edited by Benelli M4 SPAS12 user
I bought a Saiga 12 in Summer 07'.

Carolina shooter Supply has ultimak in stock, but says the 08' saiga 12 is the "exception" and need new drilled mods.

I had purchased it in 07'????

WTF.???

....and my front sight pin was stuck and now after many tries........ is buried and needs an "EZ-out"!

post-9755-1238705514_thumb.jpg

I sent them an email, but no contact yet, Ill try later tonight again to follow up w/ the pics I sent them.

Any thoughts?

You have the pressed in sight model. You have to grind it flush and drill and tap the block.

There is a date code on the side. It should say 07,08...for the first few numbers. I had about 20 calls this afternoon. I tried to call you back.

Greg

Dude - just take the gas plug out, grind everything flush and drill and tap a new hole. You should be able to drill and tap all the way through so long as you remove the gas plug before doing so. According to Cobra it shouldn't harm the threads for the plug and it won't affect it because its on the threads nearest the outside of the block. Make sure you deburr the newly tapped hole before reinserting the gas plug.

Dude - just take the gas plug out, grind everything flush and drill and tap a new hole. You should be able to drill and tap all the way through so long as you remove the gas plug before doing so. According to Cobra it shouldn't harm the threads for the plug and it won't affect it because its on the threads nearest the outside of the block. Make sure you deburr the newly tapped hole before reinserting the gas plug.

He's Right!!!