empty shells

watching the saiga video made me think off all the empty shells i dozed over. years from now people will dig up there and think they was at an old shooting range. and little will they know it was me just breaking in some new guns. thanks again for the great site.

At the risk of sounding like an environmentalist hippie.....Don't be that guy, please clean up after yourself, it makes us all look bad when you don't. That's a big reason why there's not as many free public places to shoot anymore.

Edited by Alpha Kilo

I've picked my hulls up since I was 10 years old.. Do your part.

Plus if you get a pile of them sometimes a reloader will give you some money for them. Or you can start reloading yourself, sure the POS hulls in bulk packs are only good for a couple loads... But still that is a couple cheap shells.

I'm a little bad with my steel case... But I clean them up every few trips

Edited by csspecs

Being a reloader, I gather, scrounge, beg, and barter for hulls all the time. When I go to the outdoor range, and see a shot shooter, I always ask if they gonna keep their hulls, and I always dive in the trash for them. I've cut my round cost down to a minimum. I'm looking at 2600 rounds of reload right now, and have another 800 or so hulls still waiting. I use my reloading as quite time.

I make it a point to police all my brass and hulls every outting. I bring them to the gun show once in a while and get a few bucks for them. I have about 6 5 gallon buckets full of brass and 3 filled with 12ga hulls right now.

At the risk of sounding like an environmentalist hippie.....Don't be that guy, please clean up after yourself, it makes us all look bad when you don't. That's a big reason why there's not as many free public places to shoot anymore.

I know i cant find any! open sand/gravel pits around anymore, they were a dime a dozen when i was a kid.

So the couple places i have found to shoot at, for free that is, i make sure to pick up all my hulls, and brass.

The hulls easy to pick up, my revolver's shells way easy, now the semi's i try my best to get them all.

"Pack it in pack it out"

Now if i had enough property to have my own range, i would'nt pick any of them up.

I would make my kids. lol hehe :haha:

when we go into the desert to shoot I use a 40 X 60 tarp to collect all of our trash. Just pick up corners and all goes to center for easy collection. As I reload all gauges the hulls are top priority. The hard cases I trade to others for reloaded rounds.

100_2006.jpg