If the 100 round beta C mags were available, would you get them?

Are Beta-c mags for you?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Beta C mags are 100 round double-drum magazines, btw.

• Yes! I'd be willing to pay between 325 and 365 for one.
    • Yes! I'd be willing to pay between $300 and 325 for one.
    • Yes, but only if they were under $300
    • No! Too unreliable.
    • No! Too heavy!
    • No! Too expensive!
    • No! Too tacticool!
  2. 2. How many would you get?

• 3-4
    • 5+

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a nut for high capacity mags. (I don't think anyone would argue that 100 rounds is high-cap!) I'd love to be able to have 100 rounds ready for my Saiga, in one "convenient" package. And since Beta has just released a century mag for the M1A in .308, I can't see why they couldn't for another .308.

Edited by Cryogaijin

Will at Red Jacket has a conversion, haven't checked lately to see if in production or if rifle or mag is modified. Be too heavy/bulky for my use. Be okay for defensive position. :smoke: Tried a friends Beta on my Socom and standard M1A. Kool factor :super: , just wouldn't want to move with it. :cryss:

Yeah, I got a 100rd drum on a NHM-91 and that is too nose-heavy to really fire from the shoulder much. Like Ruffian said, it'd be good if you were dug in and had a bipod, but for moving around it would probably be too clumsy.

I'd need to see some reliability tests... nothing too difinitive; just something that shows a typically modified S-308 running a full (un-modified mag or gun) running a full mag...

Just me...

Macbeau sends...

I'd need to see some reliability tests... nothing too difinitive; just something that shows a typically modified S-308 running a full (un-modified mag or gun) running a full mag...

Just me...

Macbeau sends...

Honestly that's true for me as well. I've put 350 odd rounds through my 308 and never had one failure, through any of my 5 (current) mags. Now if I could get a beta-C mag that is that reliable, I'd LOVE it for a range-mag. (Or SHTF scenerio) The Idea of sitting at one of the benches at the range and putting a full hundred down range as quickly as is accurate makes me giddy as a schoolgirl.

OTOH, if it has FTF, it is far less interesting.

Nope, I wouldn't get a drum mag for any of my rifles except my 5.45x39. That's the only gun I could afford to shoot 100 rounds of at any time. That's like $60! Agh! No! If ammo prices were what they used to be, I'd want a drum for EVERYTHING. And yeah, I'd pay $350.

If I got to watch a drunken redneck bump a case of ammo though one I'd buy 10 of them otherwise my experience with 5.56 Beta mags is just another one of the reasons I switched to Kalashnikovs(Drums that actually work and aren't as sensitive as a young post partem mother).

Who's seen one of these massive contraptions run on a machinegun yet?For what it's worth if someone would reverse engineer a 75rd Chicom drum and make it 308 sized then I would bite at those retarded $400 price tags but for plastic that needs to be meticulously maintained and special graphite lubricant to run smoothly?

No Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

What is wrong with this thread? I keep seeing it being bumped to the top with recent posts by SOPMOD but there are always the same 8 posts with the latest one being from Apr 9th.

Odd.

Edit, never mind. I have no idea what was happening.

Edited by bobotech
What is wrong with this thread? I keep seeing it being bumped to the top with recent posts by SOPMOD but there are always the same 8 posts with the latest one being from Apr 9th.

Odd.

It has a poll in it, every time someone votes it bumps back up.

Odd.

It has a poll in it, every time someone votes it bumps back up.

Ahhh!!!

Everytime someone votes in a thread, god kills a kitten.

Please think of the kittahs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll admit, I'm a bit of a nut for high capacity mags. (I don't think anyone would argue that 100 rounds is high-cap!) I'd love to be able to have 100 rounds ready for my Saiga, in one "convenient" package. And since Beta has just released a century mag for the M1A in .308, I can't see why they couldn't for another .308.

They may be listed as new on their site but they've been around since '07. I definitely wouldn't hold your breath on a Saiga version. I wrote them in June '07 seeing if they would offer an Sr25/DPMS .308 lipped version and they said "Other platforms such as the DPMS will follow [July launch] later this year". I don't see how the m1a version could be selling well. Unless you had a m14, it's not really must have--not really the greatest rifle for one. Would be cool in the Saiga, .308 ars, PTR91/G3s.

Edited by humanguerrilla
  • 1 month later...