Whats the best scope mount for a saiga .308?

Hey Friends,

I need some advice on purchasing a scope mount for my S308. I read about this Beryl mount http://dpharms.com/beryl-style-scope-mount-p-230.html Does anyone know if they are any good? would i need the pistol grip conversion?

If anyone knows better ones please let me know. What are u guys using? post pics and info please!!! thanxpost-17197-1238955960_thumb.jpg

Don't look like a conversion would be required for that at all. Just take off your rear sights and screw it to the buttstock. Looks like a nice solution actually. Will see if anyone's used one before.

Hey Friends,

I need some advice on purchasing a scope mount for my S308. I read about this Beryl mount http://dpharms.com/beryl-style-scope-mount-p-230.html Does anyone know if they are any good? would i need the pistol grip conversion?

If anyone knows better ones please let me know. What are u guys using? post pics and info please!!! thanxpost-17197-1238955960_thumb.jpg

I have an older style of the Beryl mount shown in the pic. I like it bettr than the side mount. Gives it a really low sight line.

Hey Friends,

I have the new version quick detach beryl mount from dph it took a little custom fitting on the rear tang but it is a rock solid unit. expencive but worth every penny to keep zero on a ak style weapon

• 2 weeks later...
I have the new version quick detach beryl mount from dph it took a little custom fitting on the rear tang but it is a rock solid unit. expencive but worth every penny to keep zero on a ak style weapon

I don't suppose you would post a picture or two of it installed, along with a description of the mods necessary to make it fit?

I don't suppose you would post a picture or two of it installed, along with a description of the mods necessary to make it fit?

I posted a pic in the picture thred the 308 with the madrone handmade stock. the rear tang needs to be widened out a little on the inside. saiga are thicker metal than other ak's. It took about 10 minutes with a dremmel and cut off disk. then a couple of shallow dimples in the rear sight block for the set screws at the hinge point. there is no need to remove the rear sight. also can still use the iron's without scope on the rail. you will want to find a scope that isnt too long when hinging it up it will hit the rear sight.

Is there a difference between the AK and the Saiga on how the Beryl rail mounts to the gun. Is the length the same from rear sight leaf to rear tang?

Saw this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180336656232

"Attention Ebay and Bidder: This item is deisgned for Airsoft Toy to carry spare battery Only, Not a Part of Firearm and Weapon Accessories. Cannot be used in any type of Firearms, Just a Toy Only. And this product ONLY sell to over 18-years-old Buyer."

Dont think I would put that one on my gun.......

Is there a difference between the AK and the Saiga on how the Beryl rail mounts to the gun. Is the length the same from rear sight leaf to rear tang?

Saw this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180336656232

"Attention Ebay and Bidder: This item is deisgned for Airsoft Toy to carry spare battery Only, Not a Part of Firearm and Weapon Accessories. Cannot be used in any type of Firearms, Just a Toy Only. And this product ONLY sell to over 18-years-old Buyer."

Dont think I would put that one on my gun.......

I e-mailed the seller and they told me it is all metal construction. The disclaimer on the listing seems odd for this item because, why would anyone use this rail to carry a battery? I think it is a general disclaimer that doesn't apply to this item and that they put it in there so that E-Bay won't delete their listing because E-bay have been known to be somewhat "anti-gun". If it is metal and its a rail, how much more does it have to be to sit on a real gun? Given that, it just might be better than that plastic rail I got from Surefire that is "gun" rated.

Anyways, I was wondering if it would fit a Saiga but now I see that the rear hole is slotted slightly to allow for some adjustment so maybe I might try it. If I do, I'll post a report on this thread.

Yeah, thats the one thing that I saw could be a problem with that mount....not enough adjustment to fit different rifles. Im looking at the Texas Weapons mount, looks like a damn good mount for the money. There's a lot of info on these mounts if you go to the TWS website and go to the link on ar15. com. Goes thru pretty much the entire manufacturing process of making that mount, ie problems, adjustments, clearances, etc. Gives you a really good idea what you are getting into before you spend the money. And hell, for the price of that cheap mount, try it and let us all know how it turns out!

Found some more pics of that Ebay rail on AK47.net Here's the link: http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&...659&page=11

It seems to be a cheap copy of the Krebs rail without the quick release mechanism. Also the pin in which it mounts onto the rear leaf site looks weak. I wonder if you can drill it out and replace it with a stainless pin.

Nevertheless the TWS rail looks good for the money. The only thing I don't like about is that it doesn't come with a rear peep sight. That would be another $50 adder to the rail's price. Still better than the Krebs price and better than the DPH rail which doesn't even offer a rear peep.