I've noticed alot of VFGs out there that are basically a rail-mounted post with a rubber sleeve and end cap on it.

(like this one)4251.jpg

Given the tools you already have for making VFGs, I thought you might like this idea:

-regular CHAOS VFG in that beautiful anodized black finish you do

-mill out the center section so you can slide on a rubber grip sleeve, cannibalized from a grip found at your local BMX shop, like this one SkullBlack.jpg

-and cap it off with an anodized cap with "CHAOS" engraved on it (as you do), or even a chrome spike encap, commonly found at your local motorcycle parts retailer.

Actually, it's a pretty good idea for customizing; use a custom cycle grip.

0000_Kuryakyn_Flame_ISO_Grips.jpg

thanks! I'll take it as high praise that it meets your muster. The idea had been bouncing around my head for a long time, so I finally just put it out there. Everyone likes a little badassery, and with the down economy, it'd be nice to have an accessory that doesn't cost an arm-and-a-leg to generate....or should I say recycle. I forgot how we're all supposed to be "green" now. ;)

thanks! I'll take it as high praise that it meets your muster. The idea had been bouncing around my head for a long time, so I finally just put it out there.

It would be a great way to really personalize your gun, but those grips aren't cheap.

Cameron has a CNC business so I don't know if a molded part makes sense for him. His machined VFG is really nice.

thanks! I'll take it as high praise that it meets your muster. The idea had been bouncing around my head for a long time, so I finally just put it out there.

It would be a great way to really personalize your gun, but those grips aren't cheap.

Cameron has a CNC business so I don't know if a molded part makes sense for him. His machined VFG is really nice.

granted. but that's why I recommended the BMX grips. they're cheap and come in wide variety of patterns and colors. he wouldn't have to mold them himself, just slide them over one of his machined grips.

granted. but that's why I recommended the BMX grips. they're cheap and come in wide variety of patterns and colors. he wouldn't have to mold them himself, just slide them over one of his machined grips.

You got your thinking cap on, doesn't sound like a bad idea, I'll give some thought. Thanks for the input, and Bob thanks for the compliment on our grip.

• 3 weeks later...