more newbie questions

Greetings,

I have been lurking few a few days and looking over the different conversions pics etc. Nice rifles by the way!

Now I have a couple of questions if those in the know don't mind.

1. On top of the rifle, how much are these conversions costing folks? I was interested in a simple MBR config, i.e. Pitol grip, NATO length stock, maybe a flash hider. Danizig had a nice basic conversion pic in the 308 picture thread.

2. How dependable are these rifles after simple conversions. If I want to bet my life on a rifle I want it to be dependable.

From what I have read so far I really like these Saiga rifles. But If they are going to cost as much as an FAL after conversion would I be better off just going with a FAL or are these Saigas dependable enough

to favorably compare as a battle rifle?

If these are really good, then I might be tempted to sell my AR / M4gery to help finance a new .223 and .308 conversions of Saigas.

Thanks in advance for the help.

bbear

Greetings,

I have been lurking few a few days and looking over the different conversions pics etc. Nice rifles by the way!

Now I have a couple of questions if those in the know don't mind.

1. On top of the rifle, how much are these conversions costing folks? I was interested in a simple MBR config, i.e. Pitol grip, NATO length stock, maybe a flash hider. Danizig had a nice basic conversion pic in the 308 picture thread.

2. How dependable are these rifles after simple conversions. If I want to bet my life on a rifle I want it to be dependable.

From what I have read so far I really like these Saiga rifles. But If they are going to cost as much as an FAL after conversion would I be better off just going with a FAL or are these Saigas dependable enough

to favorably compare as a battle rifle?

If these are really good, then I might be tempted to sell my AR / M4gery to help finance a new .223 and .308 conversions of Saigas.

Thanks in advance for the help.

bbear

1. I didn't go for the conversion. I put a tapco t6 stock+pistol grip on my unconverted .308. I'm not having anywhere near the problems with the trigger that most people describe.

2. I've not had a single failure with mine, in the 350 rounds I've put through it so far. The reliability from what I've been reading is what you would expect from an AK.