SureFire 7.62x39 30 round mag opinions

Pretty good. Haven't had any issues with the one I have. I however bought three military metal mags and modded them to be both compliant and so they would work without using the bullet guide as I don't want to try to drill and tap my receiver. (YES I'M SCARED)....

PM me for more info on how you do it.

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

Two things made me scrap polymer and go to steel: The Arsenal drop test video where domestic polymers fail miserably, and a video of a Russian Spetnez doing push ups using the AK magazine as the single point of contac t with the ground. That was an AK74 bakelite, but the have steel lips and re-enforcement. Chances of a failure of a steel mag are about one in one million. It takes about 20 minutes to modify the Saiga to accept mil-surp mags: trimming the mag catch slightly (5 minutes) and installing a Dinzag bullet guide ($30 and 15 minutes). Just watch your 922 count.

I've got the surefires for my .223 and love them, they are very reliable. I had them for my x39, then installed Dinzag's bullet guide and never looked back! PLLEASE! Anyone with a x39 DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND INSTALL THE BULLET GUIDE!!!!! It is so easy and as long as you take your time, no problem!!! Don't cheat yourself and your rifle out of the use of all of the good inexpensive ( for now ) steel mags!

I have had TERRIBLE luck with the 15-rd versions. They induce a FTF everytime and I find the bolt hold open feature to be eh...so-so, useless, but if it's there...okay i guess? The mags don't lock in as smoothly as some other mags.

No good luck w/ the 15's, I'd like to think any Sure Fire LLC mags are range use only and WILL fail the drop test.

Pluses are the Sure Fire mag couplers work GREAT! Even on with the 30-rd Master Molder mags I keep at a bud's house in PA when I go up to shoot w/ him there.

I was looking at my surefire mags today. When the round feeds into the chamber, it rubs on the front of the mag, which acts like a bullet guide. I wonder how long that area of the mag will last, especially with all of that hard soviet steel constantly rubbing on it over multiple rounds......Hmmmmm

• 2 months later...

That sucks about the 15 rounder's. I go into NJ alot and was going to order the 15 rnd variety from MAA for $29/pop.. Any other updates from anyone with the 15 roounders???

I could order 30 rounders and just cut them but I don't see the point if when down to 15 they start to suck...

Suggestions please... besides no NJ....

I've got the surefires for my .223 and love them, they are very reliable. I had them for my x39, then installed Dinzag's bullet guide and never looked back! PLLEASE! Anyone with a x39 DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND INSTALL THE BULLET GUIDE!!!!! It is so easy and as long as you take your time, no problem!!! Don't cheat yourself and your rifle out of the use of all of the good inexpensive ( for now ) steel mags!

Once you install the bullet guide will your Saiga Mags still work?