Im glad somebody took my advice...i wouldnt recommend a bum product to anyone, let alone a bunch of gun addicts.

how much crap did it find on your machine? and did you try ad-aware yet? that will catch even more crap that you dont want or need on your machine, and in case it does remove something you want to keep, it can be reversed and then set to ignore those files....

yehp. mcaffe is only good if you turn every possible setting ALL The away up, which bascially uses so much of your machines power it runs at 1/4 speed. norton is a bit better, but pcillin is better than both of those by far. it will remove things other anti-virus cant.

word! i use ad-aware a lot at work and its awesome. I have to deal with some really messed up computers from time to time, and ad-aware always does the trick...and you cant beat the price.

JFYI - Think you've got problems... was working on a computer last week, ran adaware, found just over 50,000 infected files. removal process took 9 hours :eek::eek:

HOOP

The other way to go around this is to use a program other than Internet Explorer.

You can use Mozilla! It works a lot better, faster, and almost no pop ups.

I use Mozilla on my laptop all the time. That's what I am writting this message on. 90% of the websites work on Mozilla.

Then you hardly have to worry about spyware or virus.

Ricky

ricardo is richtig

mozilla firefox lights up internet explorer at a checkpoint

tabbed browsing has allowed me to look at 50 different web pages

in one page and much faster

no popups

i run no spyware or adaware on this machine

after fresh format only run ie to get service packs

then install mozilla or firefox and no popups ever