S20 Drum Production

I received the e-mail reply today for an Inquiry I made to them.

Question: Do you or do you not manufacture a drum style magazine for the 20 guage Saiga?

Answer:

Right now we only manufacture part of it (the back plate- in case of a ban) but in a couple of weeks it is supposed to go into production. Due to this being our first production run of 20 guage drums I cannot give you an estimate on when the complete drum will be available. By the way it has a 23rd. capacity and will include a dustcover.

Logan

Alliance Armament LLC

Ph# 812-897-4908

Fx# 812-897-4230

www.alliancearmament.com

I'm not gonna lie- I'm excited about this.

The more people making stuff for the S20 the better.

Would I rather have an MD Arms product? You betcha. And will be seeing how that works out. While I won't be surprised if the AA drum is vaporware it would be a welcome addition to the s20 stuff I have.

Heya, AA Re-cvrd...

Maybe you can get a couple hundred of your friends to post " I want X amount " in this thread, so the guys at AA will know that their product is really wanted by people...

I mean HOW ELSE would they EVER KNOW that someone wanted to buy a S20 drum?!?!?

At least thats the logic I was given in a SIMILAR thread...

See? Just like you... I can be sarcastic too... :lol::up::lol:

Seriously, though... would you REALLY want your thread choked to death with 20 pages of that?!?!?

:smoke:

Heya, AA Re-cvrd...

Maybe you can get a couple hundred of your friends to post " I want X amount " in this thread, so the guys at AA will know that their product is really wanted by people...

I mean HOW ELSE would they EVER KNOW that someone wanted to buy a S20 drum?!?!?

At least thats the logic I was given in a SIMILAR thread...

See? Just like you... I can be sarcastic too... :lol::up::lol:

Seriously, though... would you REALLY want your thread choked to death with 20 pages of that?!?!?

:smoke:

I see your point.....is this done now?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just guessing, but google "action girls."

And when I saw this drum fr sale on GB, I had mixed emotions. I am glad it is there, but once again, I think the MD product will be worth waiting for. I wish I could like Alliance since they are from my home state, but the debacle with the early Wraithmakers and the "reliability treatment" has spoiled them for me.

AA gets a lot of hell on here about the "reliability treatment" which is what most of the polishing, and port mods on here are about. I haven't had a problem with them or the drums,30,20 round. I don't think it was the drum that people hate them for but the way complaints were handled on here by them. But AA is not selling a 23 or 20 round 20ga drum on GB. It is just a back plate. I would say it would be a long time before anyone makes a 20ga drum. I wouldn't think it would sell anywhere close to the numbers of a 12GA drum.. Maybe when the "Origin" gun is made then the 20ga drums will be out too :lolol:

I don't think AA gets enough hell around here. I think we've stepped it down a lot. They sold stuff that didn't work, and yelled at people that tried to get them to make it work, then said they'd charge them like $300 to get the drum to work, instead of FIXING THE DAMN DRUM. Mike D sold me a drum for $165, I had to fit it to my shitty Russian stamped steel ugly beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, I can't believe nobody would buy an unproven drum for the same cost as their gun.

ETA - Zentmetsu, didn't figure it was B) Just pointing out that the drum didn't sell...shocking I know. BTW you look a lot like my cousin minus the long hair.

Edited by sunnybean

I bought one. It arrived yesterday.

Today's report:

I shot it on gas block setting one using Winchester Universal Ammo.

2 3/4" 1200 FPS 2 1/2 Dram Eq. 7/8 oz 7 1/2 shot.

Results: a ton of failures to eject.

Thats some pretty weak ammo but its the only thing I had in 2 3/4" size. It very well could be the cause of the problem, so I picked up some stronger ammo and will report back in a couple days when I shoot that stuff off.

Edit: it was on setting two. My mistake.

Edited by CitizenX

I took the drum out again this morning and had much better luck. Yesterdays failures to eject were apparently caused by crappy ammo.

Federal Wing Shok Lead 1350 FPS = 0 FTEs out of 22

Remington Nitro Pheasant 1300 FPS = 0 FTEs out of 22

Federal Hi-Brass Load 1220 FPS = 3 FTEs out of 23

I could probably use the weaker shells once I break in the gun more.

As for the drum: 2/3 of the time it did not feed the final round. So maybe its a 22 round drum instead of 23. But it fits the gun perfectly, is easy to reload, and is a lot of fun to shoot.

• 1 month later...

I was pretty excited when i found that someone actually makes a 20+rnd drum for our's 20's.... until i seen the price. (heh gouge much?) It is nearly impossible to justify paying almost exactly twice the amount of the original gun price, for a mag... guess i'm just stuck with my 5/8rnd mag's. *sigh*