First attack on US sailors in 200 years

a bunch of guys in an inflatable raft with rusted 40 year old guns attack a US vessel and will probably get away with it

makes me real proud to be an american

we need some real men in gov't...fuck international law....send the navy over there, blow that little hell hole of a country back to the stone age and that will make sure they don't rob boats for a long, long time.

a bunch of guys in an inflatable raft with rusted 40 year old guns attack a US vessel and will probably get away with it

we need some real men in gov't...fuck international law....send the navy over there, blow that little hell hole of a country back to the stone age and that will make sure they don't rob boats for a long, long time.

America dosn't want that. We cant stay motivated behind a war long enough to accualy win one. We're like a kid with ADD.

How many times have we had to go back there already becaws we never stuck around long enough to get it done the right way the first time? how many other places are like that? Hati for example... we go back there every 12 years it seems.

If america would allow the military to do thier job this would be a non issue. But as it is the military makes all the sacrifices and those who have done nothing do all the complaining.

Actually the ship is of United State registry, out of Norfolk. It's a tanker, not a war ship. The crew are not US military, neither is the Captain. And its not the first attack in 200 years, actually it is the first I can remember since the US Cole attack.

As well, the "spades" as you call em, have rocket propelled grenades. any idea what that can do to an oil tanker?

And your ability to segway into the real men in government statement is commendable, although nonsensical. The ship was in international waters. the crew kicked the pirates assess off the tanker and took one of the pirates hostage. They offered to exchange him for the captain. I do agree however, if we get the Captain back, or if they kill him, blow their asses out of the water. See if they can out swim the sharks.

I also see your proposed solution is to send the Navy to blow up Somalia, in other words, start another war when we got two already we can't finish? I don't think that's a good idea right now.

Obongo is in so far over his head that a couple of Somali pirates can hold him hostage the way the Iranians did Carter back in the 70s.

No wonder he's tanking in the polls. His approval rating is down nine points in the last 30 days - with good reason. He's an idiot.

I'm sure he's concerned with violating their constitutional rights. We wouldn't want to do that, now would we?

After all, they're just poor citizens of the world that have been trampled upon by American greed their whole lives. In Obango's mind, we deserve this.

If I was out there on the ocean, I wouldn't be too comforted knowing that Obongo and Clintoon were "deeply concerned" about my situation.

A couple of S-12s and a few slugs could have ended this before it got started. Total cost: less than $1200 and a ten-minute delay enroute - and the S-12s could have been used again on the next trip.

This is the kind of foreign policy help Israel is going to get from Obongo and Clintoon when dealing with Iran.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has never seen anything so funny in his life!

But it is clear, they had a lot of problems growing up so they really need help and to be taught the errors of their ways..

However in my view since they are by most standards living in the stone age we have only two options. None of which Obama is going to allow. Make them fear the sight of the american flag knowing the world of hurt messing with it will bring or go back to the way they used to handle pirates. In the 18th century they were considered a basic threat to humanity. Much like rabid animals and were pretty much treated as so. So they were hunted down and killed. Those that lived found holes and pulled it in with them. They view ransom and such as weakness and they have nothing to loose trying to get it. Honestly talking to the pirates is like trying to get a rapest to promise to be good from now on or to only rape certain women, just not the ones you care about.

The insult of all this is brought home when you consider a little history. During the time of the Roman Empire the citizens of Rome had no fear of non-citizens because the last thing they wanted was Rome to come down on them. Being a US citizen used to have that benefit but no more. American citizens are endangered when traveling abroad due to our lack of assertive leadership. (that is as charitably as I can put it)

So, let see here... One or two Navy vessels, helicopters, airplanes and light boats at the cost of what? hundreds of thousands a day?

And they are saying that they are negociating with the pirates? :killer:

Did someone say snipers? :super:

How many of these pirates are they anyway?

A tiny fraction of the money the ship owners have paid out in ransom to these "pirates" over the last few years could have been used to equipe each cargo ship/freighter/tanker with a 50 cal bow mounted machine gun of the type used on US Coast Guard Cutters along with the training required to use it. Any pirate ship approaching and posing a threat could be blasted to Kingtom Come long before they could pose a danger. AK47's and granade launchers are short range weapons. The 50 cal could sink them from over a mile away !! Are all the worlds governments run by morons ??

The insult of all this is brought home when you consider a little history. During the time of the Roman Empire the citizens of Rome had no fear of non-citizens because the last thing they wanted was Rome to come down on them. Being a US citizen used to have that benefit but no more. American citizens are endangered when traveling abroad due to our lack of assertive leadership. (that is as charitably as I can put it)

I couldn't agree more. This situation, however, did not come about in the last 60 days.

regardless, I say

MAKE 'EM WALK THE PLANK!!!!

ARRRGGG!!!!!

Aspirate and ass pirate are only one letter apart. Make these asspirates aspirate seawater!

We KNOW what President Reagan would have done: Hostage Rescued, Seals Sent, Sharks Fed! Result: Skinnys leave American vessels alone.

Edited by patriot

I couldn't agree more. This situation, however, did not come about in the last 60 days.

You're right, it came about in the last two days - three at the outside. In case you're not keeping up with current events, this is an AMERICAN crew that was taken hostage.

Kim Jung Il just found some balls too - since the Hildabeast's trip - she sure was effective, wasn't she? LOL

All the despots around the world are suddenly going to grow a set and let Obongo know that they're not scared of him.

Edited by Bounce12

This incident as a whole seems a bit obtuse. One of those times when things happening on the surface of the water belies what is really going on below the surface. Now I'm sounding like a conspiracy theorist. Perhaps the CIA has sensitive cargo onboard they wish certain foreign governments not find out about.

Regardless, Navy Special Ops are the best in the world at what they do. I don't understand how a few guys in a raft would pose much of a problem? Then again, I'm not a military expert, or a politician who gets to "sit at the table" and know things the US government doesn't want to tell us.

As far as equipping these ships with arms, my understanding is that in international waters it's not an issue, but when you dock in other countries' ports, you are subject to their laws. You must declare your ship as an armed vessel, and apparently some countries get twitchy about armed ships in their ports.

Its been four days and Obama has not even made a statement.!

That's true, but WON'T SOME REPUBLICAN STAND THE FUCK UP AND SAY SOMETHING PRESIDENTIAL???

If Obama isn't man enough, isn't there some aspiring republican FEMALE that has the balls to stand the fuck up to the skinnies?

There appears to be no leadership ANYWHERE in American government. There is DAMN SURE none out of Obama, but where the fuck are the republicans?

WTF???

Palin should stand up and take the reins of leadership. A school marm from Wasilla could show more balls than any politician in DC!

Edited by Bounce12
As far as equipping these ships with arms, my understanding is that in international waters it's not an issue, but when you dock in other countries' ports, you are subject to their laws. You must declare your ship as an armed vessel, and apparently some countries get twitchy about armed ships in their ports.

Yeah, I could see that. Nobody wants an international incident. But if I were a merchant vessel I'd get mighty twitchy about pirates staking out those ports that don't allow armed vessels!

I expect the politicians to ignore this. But I would like to see someone, anyone at the Pentagon or specifically the Marines stand up and make a statement. I'm sure we've got plenty of guys, and other countries included, who are just itching to go in there. Political Correctness for the loss, yayy!

Hooray for the US NAVY!!! Glad somebody somewhere had some balls.... Sounds like he may have escaped on his own again overnight, and they didn't let it go to waste this time. Don't think they have the official word on what happened yet....

When Phillips' crew heard the news aboard their ship in the port of Mombasa, they placed an American flag over the rail of the top of the Maersk Alabama and whistled and pumped their fists in the air. Crew fired a bright red flare into the sky from the ship.

He is FREE! 3 of 4 pirates shot dead in short firefight. Piece of shit pirate negotiating for his ransom is in custody.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1

c095f453-70a9-4770-8a2b-2d181dbfd9a7.jpg

Edited by Wotan1105