Hi all

i am after a tactical long range rifle and have been thinking of getting a savage 110fp as i like its black plastic stock and heavy barrel plus i like .3006 as a calibre for reaching out and touching the target. does anyone have any reviews/views from personal experience of this rifle that could help me decide to buy or not?

many thanks

assassin

My friend has this rifle, it's a good shooter. Kicks like a mule, though he does have a 18' barrel (custom job). It's not the most durable rifle, he had to have his rebuilt, though i suspect it's because he puts it in a soft case and tosses it behind the seat in his truck.

The trigger isn't great, but it's better than my saiga or either of my milsurps.

If i didn't have to pay for college, I might have gotten one.

Buy an Accu-trigger model if you can. Excellent triggers. If it has the old trigger, you can upgrade with a Sharp Shooter Supply unit. The FP's synthetic stock is the weak link in the rifle. Too much flex if you are going to wring out all the accuracy poassible. You can try epoxy bedding, but I think you would be better pleased with changing the stock. One of the FP models comes with an excellent McMillan stock. Don't ignore Savage's wood laminate stocked rifles. Very stable.

I've got the 308 model with the tactical stock and accu-trigger. It is an awesome weapon, my ammo has never done it justice! It is very heavy, but the recoil is managable, especially with the large rubber pad. I can sit at the range all day and shoot that rifle, love the trigger, got it turned down to 1 1/2 lbs.

post-21-1108266917.jpg

Edited by KySoldier
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Ky what did you pay for that rifle? Did it come like that (less the scope). what model? If not what stock and how much. I may have to get one of those instead of a m-11. I know the price will be way more but it will be way more accurate. I dont have a bolt action yet so the cobray may have to wait.

Savage Arms 10FP-LE2A .308 26" Barrel Choate Stock

$570

000472.medium.jpg

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products...22869c02c5556d5

You can get the same rifle in a different stock if you prefer, but the plastic stocks aren't very nice. The Choate stock I've got is great. Also, if you are looking for a sniper rifle, I saw two FN rifles at Gilberts that I would have considered myself, had they been in production at the time.

FN Herstal Patrol Bolt Rifle .308 24" Rifle

$819

001679.medium.jpg

This is the 24in model, the 18in is sweet too if you want a compact rifle. They both have Hogue overmolded stocks and a weaver type scope base.

Yeah, I love mine, I can send you better pics if you like, just PM me an email address. I've also got a video you'd like :killer:

The rifle comes as the pic above shows...I had to buy the scope mount, rings, and scope. For mine, it ran about $200 altogether (simmons aetec 4.5-12x44).

Hi all

thanks for the info , i have contacted the U.K importers of savage rifles and as yet the 110fp is not in the U.K , they say they will contact savage for me to see if they can bring in 1 of the rifles for me on their next shipment in a few months time. on my local range we are not allowed to fire 762 nato/.308 win due to some stupid army ricochet rule despite the fact that we can fire any other calliber up to and ncluding .455

lol

all the best

assassin

Check out the .204 ruger.... if you want a FAST varmint cartridge... 4300 FPS.....

Savage makes a killer in .204 ruger... check out mine on here... same section...

badass savage rifle...

:smoke:

• 5 weeks later...

Got savave 12vss with the old trigger which is adjustable, although they tell you not to. Will shoot 3 round groups around .270 with good ammo at 100 yards. Hard to beat for the price. The coate sniper stock is cool on the fp's but will cost about 125 to150 extra, and weighs 6.5 lbs by itself :cryss: :: which doesn't matter if you're not carrying it. :rolleyes: