Adjustable FCG in a stock saiga-12

A Friend inquired if it could be done, and by george I made it work!

It still counts as three compliance parts. Hammer, Sear, and disconnector. The trigger is remote and foreign made, so it does not count. THis is ideal for those using the Tapco intrafuse T6 stock set or those wanting to keep the original Monte Carlo hunting stock. It is fully adjustable for engagement, creep, and overtravel. The selector has to be slightly modified to work with the adjustable FCG.

RSASAI.jpg

Are you trying to tell me everyone dosn't want to convert? :unsure:

Sad but true. I have a couple of guys at work that have them and do not intend to change them at all.

ok... getting over that fact what was required to make it work?

It looks like you drilled, tapped, threaded capless allen screw three times, and are using the allen screws to adjust the trigger. Nice work!!!

The majority of the people who do not want to convert their Saigas, wont want to do any drilling and tapping neither. You might want to make up a couple of sets and require a core fee for the old parts..

It looks like you drilled, tapped, threaded capless allen screw three times, and are using the allen screws to adjust the trigger. Nice work!!!

The majority of the people who do not want to convert their Saigas, wont want to do any drilling and tapping neither. You might want to make up a couple of sets and require a core fee for the old parts..

Actually I started out with the Red Star Arms AKM adjustable trigger and modified it to work with the factory saiga by machining parts of it away. The RSA trigger system has all of the adjustment screws already done for you. It is adjustable for sear engagement (creep), overtravel, disconector engagement, and disconector spring tension. It comes factory set as a two stage with 3.5lb pull, but can be adjusted to a single stage aproximately 3lb trigger.

RSASAId.jpg

Edited by rbthntr64