FBMG magazine update.

After a long awaited delivery from the Russians on internals for the 308 mags, we are still waiting on them. So, we decided fuck em. FBMG is having the new internals cut into a mold right now and they should have the first batch out to us in 10 weeks. This will make them 100% American made. Stick that in your parts count ATF!!!!

To commemorate this wonderous occasion we are doing them 3 for $100 shipped to your door. You can buy as many of them as you like (dealers do get dealer pricing). There are 2000 scheduled in the first run. Once the first 2000 are gone they go to individual sales and $35 each.

The followers have been trimmed down a bit to reduce drag, and the spring is a thicker material than before for more pressure. There is no doubt that these will be the best 308 mags on the market. We were the first, have had the least issues with reliability and WILL be the best.

There were some initial issues with our first pre-order, No doubt about it. We now have a new accountant (Larry is long gone), we have a new sales system to track the orders and we have a new GM. He or myself take total and complete responsibility for everything that goes on here, so if you had a bad experience before and decide to give us another chance you know who to call with questions or concerns.

To place an order, please just call the store and a salesman will take your order. We anticipate the mag parts to be delivered the first of July, give us a week or ten days for assembly and we will ship them out.

Thanks for everyones support over the years, and look for another product to be announced soon!

James

FBMG

After a long awaited delivery from the Russians on internals for the 308 mags, we are still waiting on them. So, we decided fuck em. FBMG is having the new internals cut into a mold right now and they should have the first batch out to us in 10 weeks. This will make them 100% American made. Stick that in your parts count ATF!!!!

To commemorate this wonderous occasion we are doing them 3 for $100 shipped to your door. You can buy as many of them as you like (dealers do get dealer pricing). There are 2000 scheduled in the first run. Once the first 2000 are gone they go to individual sales and $35 each.

The followers have been trimmed down a bit to reduce drag, and the spring is a thicker material than before for more pressure. There is no doubt that these will be the best 308 mags on the market. We were the first, have had the least issues with reliability and WILL be the best.

There were some initial issues with our first pre-order, No doubt about it. We now have a new accountant (Larry is long gone), we have a new sales system to track the orders and we have a new GM. He or myself take total and complete responsibility for everything that goes on here, so if you had a bad experience before and decide to give us another chance you know who to call with questions or concerns.

To place an order, please just call the store and a salesman will take your order. We anticipate the mag parts to be delivered the first of July, give us a week or ten days for assembly and we will ship them out.

Thanks for everyones support over the years, and look for another product to be announced soon!

James

FBMG

What will be the capacities of your mags?

James

FBMG

What will be the capacities of your mags?

FBMG Saiga .308 magazines are 20 rounders, so they are a no go for New Jersey Saiga .308 fans. I think Surefire makes 15 round Saiga .308 mags though.

Once the initial run of 2000 is done I will have extras, cheap for those that want to replace the aluminum ones Tromix did for us.

As for NJ, what if they were blocked by us? Would that cut it or do they have to be originally less than the 20?

Once the initial run of 2000 is done I will have extras, cheap for those that want to replace the aluminum ones Tromix did for us.

As for NJ, what if they were blocked by us? Would that cut it or do they have to be originally less than the 20?

How about New York 10 round limit?

Not sure about NJ, but in NY they dont care the length of the magazine, all that matters is how many rounds I fan fin in it. If mag will take only 10, it is perfectly legal as long as this limiter is permanent

My interest is 4 followers and 4 floor plates.

No, they closed that loophole. If there is a limiter - it has to be a permanent, non-removable part of the mag. Actual length, width, height don't matter though.

James

FBMG

This is some good shit, Can we pre order, I would like to get 2-3 packs, let me know what I need to do.?

Thanks

Operator

I would be interested in some of the new "non stick" followers, and maybe another mag or two. I was able to smooth out my current mags with some dry lube, but l'd definitely feel better with the looser followers, and stronger springs.

Edited by Netpackrat

This is great. It has answered my query from a couple weeks ago. The ones I got are with the Tromix aluminium floorplates, 2 US parts. I knew they were pissed at the commies! I am glad they are all "in house" now. You guys make a superb mag and the service was good and the fellow I spoke with who told me about the commies was very nice and someone I would definitly deal with again. Thanks, I'll place my order.

• 4 months later...
After a long awaited delivery from the Russians on internals for the 308 mags, we

There were some initial issues with our first pre-order, No doubt about it.

To place an order, please just call the store and a salesman will take your order. We anticipate the mag parts to be delivered the first of July, give us a week .....

James

FBMG

I ordered in April too...was told to wait for a call so I can drive from Cal to pickup. Now their phone is diconnected? Where are these guys?

I ordered in April too...was told to wait for a call so I can drive from Cal to pickup. Now their phone is diconnected? Where are these guys?

Mags over 10 rounds are illegal in California unless you had them before the law was passed, so by 'Cal' I assume you mean a 'Cal' other than California. Anyway, the news on FBMG isn't good. You can read this thread for the details:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42596

After reading PvtPyle's (aka James Bunten) solicitation on this forum, I ordered three .308 mags from FBMG back in late April, prepaying $100 per their requirement. An FBMG employee told me they would ship the mags after production sometime in June or July. When I called them back on July 27, I discovered that their phone had been disconnected. I tried sending emails to sales@fbmginc.com, but received no response. I finally got an email response from James Bunten (james@fbmginc.com), the owner, who told me that he was in the middle of his annual military training and that he would ship me the magazines when he returned home on Aug. 18.

I've tried emailing and calling Mr. Bunten since Aug. 24, but he's not responding. A pre-recorded message on his mobile number (801-842-2632) states that he's "out of the country until Sept. 25." I've asked for a refund a couple of times, but Mr. Bunten has ignored those requests. Since it's been longer than 90 days since I placed the order, my credit card company isn't going to be much help.

I've seen several other posts on this forum from people who have paid Mr. Bunten for magazines which they have never received. I'm afraid that we are all learning the same lesson the hard way.

If you lost money in the same way that I have, I recommend that you visit the State of Utah's Consumer Protection Division website at http://www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/com...nts/manual.html to file a formal complaint. The complaint form can be downloaded here: http://www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/dow...plaint_form.pdf

You can submit the completed form with documentation to their office either by mail or by fax.

Well, this is certainly a revolting development.

But not entirely unexpected ! I really like the FBMG mags I have, but after they stopped making them and blamed the russians for this and that I never expected them to be BACK. I imagine the problem was never FBMG's problem with the russians, but the russian's problems with FBMG.

But not entirely unexpected ! I really like the FBMG mags I have, but after they stopped making them and blamed the russians for this and that I never expected them to be BACK. I imagine the problem was never FBMG's problem with the russians, but the russian's problems with FBMG.

I expect that the transactions were probably a royal PITA for both parties. The availability of FBMG mags definitely helped the Russians to sell more Saiga .308 rifles, so it would have been worth the hassle just to keep the mags available, but as soon as the Surefires came out, that incentive for the Russians to sell mag parts to FBMG was greatly diminished. Probably more to it than we have heard, and it's a bummer all the way around.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopi...?f=3&t=6252

FWIW, a quote reportedly from James:

will be in and out of the country for the next 18 months. My family is dealing with the issues in my absence and I am dealing with them while I am home. The customers are all getting product or refunds, and the hold up is the lawsuit with Jess. Everyone that got into the back knew how bad the problem was and it only got worse. I made some real errors in my decision making at the end and believed a lot of things I should not have in several areas. Now I have to deal with that and make the customers whole. That will get done as soon as Mitch gets done sticking it to Jess.

FBMG will not be reopening. I am moving on to other things but I will continue to be a dealer and MFG on a limited basis.