Does walmart have any handgun ammo left?

I checked 5 of my local wallyworlds..And they are still out of handgun ammo and most winchester buckshot shells.I guess the New World Order is coming soon lol...Have any of you guys encountered the same problem in you state?

I was in the Wallymart in Sugar Land Texas yesterday and in the ammo section was a sign: "limit two boxes".

Looked like a fire sale had taken place due to the selection being really slim. I also thought it was funny that

there was no one around to help. I was staring at the ammo case and poof someone appeared. I also

noticed a dome camera directly above the ammo case and it looks to me they were watching their supply in real time.

I also remember once upon a time that at this same store years back you could never get anyone to assist you even if your life depended on it. Strange times we live in folks.

Yakdung

My two Wal-Marts have .32 in stock allways and 357 mag and 44 mag in stock most of the time.

I have gotten "lucky" with 9mm a few times, being able to buy 8-11 boxes at a time.

Last time I was there, they said they were expecting to receive 9 boxes, as in nine 50-round boxes, not 9 cases, soon.

Looks like it might be time for some of you to look into reloading. I started shooting a lot of 9mm a few years back, when Winchester White Box was $12.99/100, now it is probably double that. I can reload my favorite plinking round for $7.00/100.

I'm now thinking about getting some shot shell reloading equipment, as some of the home defense stuff is $1 a shot. I haven't run the numbers on that, though.

I have a friend who runs a gun shop here, he has cases and cases of 9mm, .40, and .45, and .223. However, when you go to Walmart you see almost nothing in centerfire pistol caliber. Luckily they seem to always have .22LR bulk packs and 12 gauge bulk packs. I shoot a lot of .22 so I have been stock piling that stuff, but now that I have been bitten by the Saiga bug, I need to start stock piling 12 gauge as well.

jonblack

Looks like it might be time for some of you to look into reloading. I started shooting a lot of 9mm a few years back, when Winchester White Box was $12.99/100, now it is probably double that. I can reload my favorite plinking round for $7.00/100.

I'm now thinking about getting some shot shell reloading equipment, as some of the home defense stuff is $1 a shot. I haven't run the numbers on that, though.

I have a friend who runs a gun shop here, he has cases and cases of 9mm, .40, and .45, and .223. However, when you go to Walmart you see almost nothing in centerfire pistol caliber. Luckily they seem to always have .22LR bulk packs and 12 gauge bulk packs. I shoot a lot of .22 so I have been stock piling that stuff, but now that I have been bitten by the Saiga bug, I need to start stock piling 12 gauge as well.

jonblack

Does Wal-Mart have 00 buck in the bulk packs?

jonblack

I've never seen OO in bulk at Walmart. The best place to get that in bulk is on the internet, for that matter it's the best place for any bulk ammo.

My walmart looks like it's having a going out of business sale on ammo, very little to chose from in the most popular calibers. No bulk .22, boxes of 9mm, .40, .45, .308, or .223.

My advise is to search the web for the best prices and place a bulk order when your bank account allows.

Here in Washington it's the same deal. Our WM had the bulk shotgun ammo in stock but everything else was completely gone, it was weird seeing those shelves so empty I've never seen that before. My favorite gun store is in a similar situation with their guns. The racks along the wall, which are usually packed, were almost completely empty. From the look of it you would think the Zombie Apocalypse has started and we didn't get the memo. :unsure:

Only .25 auto ammo in stock here in MD. Between me and friends we've been to 6 walmarts and it is scarce. Got lucky and got last 2 -9mm 100 packs last trip. The guy who waited on me said someone had come in the day before and bought 1400.00 dollars worth of ammo.

The two Wal Mart's near me are both almost out. It's turkey season now in Ga. so there are a few packs of turkey load shot shells available. None of the stores have seen buckshot in weeks, but I managed to get the last 3 Winchester Super X 12g. slug value packs they had. Also bought the bulk pack of 7 1/2 shot Federal - the last they had on the shelf. The guy who runs the ammo counter showed me one loose 9mm round and said it's the only 9mm he's seen in the store in months....

I still havent seen it... :unsure:

My local Walmart's *ALWAYS* and I mean ALWAYS have all kinds of pistol ammo in stock... as well as a lot of rifle cartridges too... loads of 22... and tons of shotgun shells... Haven't seen any shortages of that in the area...

Now DECENT PRICES... That's a different story... although that's the same no matter WHERE you look...

:smoke:

I stopped by the local gun & sporting supply store today and although they had ammo the prices were crazy! He wanted $19.9x for wolf 9mm. I told him I didn't like wolf so he said he could knock $8 off the sticker price of PMC for me. The sticker was $29.98 Things got crazy when I told him I'd just shoot the crappy $15 a bag range reloads. He offered to sell me the PMC for $16.98 a box! $13 discount and I have never seen this guy before in my life!

So I walked out with 200 rounds and a tube of gun grease.

I got super lucky the other day. I happened to be walking by sporting goods and there were stocking a new shipment. I JUMPED ON IT!! I bought there only box of .45 HP and there only two boxes of 100 round .223.

They are even out of .22 the last few times i have been in....

jonblack

The last time I checked, which was a few weeks ago, they had bulk packs of 25 rounds of buckshot for something like $15.xx. I remember thinking it looked like a pretty good deal but I didn't buy any. They had 42 boxes of .22LR Federal, which is what I was after. That stuff runs good in my Ciener kit for my AR.

jonblack

the only pistol ammo at the one here I saw today were - 38 special 45auto 44mag 40 s+w all were winchester white boxes, and they had just restocked the shelves.....with two of each box! sad

I was in Wal-Mart today and the lady behind the counter said Corporate doesnt allow limiting ammosales. According to her Corporate said if you have it sell the customer what they want.

I was in the Wallymart in Sugar Land Texas yesterday and in the ammo section was a sign: "limit two boxes".

Looked like a fire sale had taken place due to the selection being really slim. I also thought it was funny that

there was no one around to help. I was staring at the ammo case and poof someone appeared. I also

noticed a dome camera directly above the ammo case and it looks to me they were watching their supply in real time.

I also remember once upon a time that at this same store years back you could never get anyone to assist you even if your life depended on it. Strange times we live in folks.

Yakdung

I was lucky one day last month and walked into a Waly World and saw 24 boxes of the vaule pack 100s. I bought all of them and the woman behind the counter asked if I was going to use them for a rampage. What, I said a rampage, hell I just was looking for some weekend shooting and this should hold me for Saturday and Sunday. She then asked if I was serious and I asked if she had a limit. She said no, I bought all of them and they have never replaced them since that time. 39.97 a box, I felt a bit guilty for putting them on a CC, but man I cant find it anywhere at a decent price.

Also, I went to another Waly World and bought 2000 rounds of 9mm that was 3 weeks ago and they still are waiting for more. The sales gal told me I made her day because sporting goods sales kept her looking busy. She told me her store was waiting for those 9s since December. Needless to say I have been busy stocking up on target and practice ammo. I have gone out to some real remote rural area gun stores and have bought thousands of primers large and small for 30.00 per 1k. However, aint seen no more on the shelfs since I bought em all.

My last 2 cents, I bought a dillon press square deal B with 9mm 40 and 45 complete die sets and powder tubes, pickup tubes and spare parts for all three die sets last year late fall. I paid 350 for all of the complet dies sets aand sent the Sq Deal B into Dillon for a complete rehaul (free - shipping). I bought 5k of large primers just about a month ago and have loaded 3k so far. This is crazy but I am well prepared for fun with my guns.

I got lucky but somehow I felt like I was a pig on my purchases. I cant beleive what people are paying for primers and ammo at some auction sites. Darn right nuts. I could sell have my stuff and still make a huge profit. I remember reading about a battle in Korea where the American troops ran out of Ammo and did hand to hand combat. I'm fat, and a bit old, I prefer no hand to hand combat and would rather be over prepared then stuck with my machette fighting Zombies.

Hell Fire times are Tuff.

Looks like it might be...

jonblack

I checked two Wal-Marts tonight. One had Remington Slugger 12 gauge in bulk packs which were $8.97/15. They also had some 20 round boxes of 5.56. The other had at least 4 Winchester White Box 100 round packs of 9mm for $19.9x. That store also had some .45 ACP but didn't check the specs on it.

The selection I see varies wildly from store to store.

jonblack

The last time I checked, which was a few weeks ago, they had bulk packs of 25 rounds of buckshot for something like $15.xx. ...

jonblack

I needed to correct this, as it is misinformation. What I thought was buckshot was slugs. The Remington Slugger 15 round bulk packs were $8.97.

jonblack

Went to Bass Pro Shops and Walmart.

Bass Pro had plenty of shotgun ammo(way over priced)

No 9mm, .40, .45, .357 or any other pistol loads. There was rifle ammo and some .25 available.

Went to 2 different Walmarts: both had Zilch for ammo. Nothing, no shotgun, no 9mm, no .40, nada....

It's amazing what can happen when everyone takes a collective shit in their pants over Obama. I wonder if we can recover? With ammo manufactures working triple shifts and they still can't keep up with demand.

:cryss:

The trucks roll in at my local walmart every tuesday. I check for ammo as they are stocking the shelvs. It goes almost as fast as they can stock it.

Last tuesday I had to fight thru a bunch of craized ammo zombies in the sporting department. I pulled out my .45 and put a few rounds thru the ceiling to get them to back off.

I picked up 4 boxes of 40 S&W, Some Winchester 7.62x39 mainly because i really need the brass, and bought the last 4 boxes of federal slugs they had. Next week i am bringing my S12. Need more firepower.

I reload but I am out of large rifle primers and none to be found in town. Got plenty of 209s but am almost out of shot.

This ammo reloading supply shortage sucks.

Edited by tommygunner

Yeah it's getting worse. There's only 1 store with 9mm ammo around me. Atlanta ammo has nothing, coastal ammo reloader has nothing. My gun club is rationing reload ammo to 1 50 rnd bag per person. And you can forget about getting into reloading right now as there is a national backorder on pistol primers otherwise I'd be reloading right now!

And you can forget about getting into reloading right now as there is a national backorder on pistol primers otherwise I'd be reloading right now!

Exactly!

There are NO small rifle primers for sale anywhere from what I can see. NONE!

There is VERY LITTLE powder as well.

Went to Walmart no pistol ammo or anything to mention in rifle. Plenty of shotgun ammo but then again no .22lr ammo either. Went to Fin and Feather last week had just got in a shitload of primers, powder, and all the ammo you could imagine. Picked up some powder and primers and then went in this week and "NO" primers, "NO" pistol ammo and all 30 cases of .223 hornady sp ammo was all gone but a few boxes. Picked up the last US869 powder they had and asked when they would get more. The guy just laughed.

Man, i'm starting to think that things are going to be a long time before they slow down. At least until the "H*IC" is out of office.