Help me my S12 is jammed!

I was shooting yesterday and tried to release the bolt after loading a fresh mag and the BHO button was gone! I looked in there and it's pushed up inside with the spring coming out the hole. I've been pickin and pryin for hours trying to get it out. Anybody ever had this happen or know a way to fix it?

It is a sign.

You should think about converting, because after you pull the gun apart to fix the BHO, you're already ¾ of the way. . .

Good point... Though how do you suggest I get the damn thing apart in the first place. The slide is jammed all the way back so I can't remove the retracting mechanism.

It is a sign.

You should think about converting, because after you pull the gun apart to fix the BHO, you're already ¾ of the way. . .

I got to agree. Hate fixing what isn't broken but since its broken may as well convert. Good Luck.

Got any Pics of where its jammed? May want to take it to a gunsmith otherwise or back to RA for warranty.

Edited by Rhodes1968

So I managed to pry the retracting mechanism off and remove the bolt, etc with only minor bleeding. Looking at the internal parts I'm seeing what happened to the BHO. I'm not sure what it's called but there is a cable wrapped around the hammer that is also connected to the trigger mechanism. Anyway, the cable is broken where it feeds through the trigger mech and that's what got in the way of the BHO button. I only have about 300 rounds through my S12. Bummer.

Maybe it is time to send it off for a conversion...

You talking about this? If so that is your hammer main spring. This keeps tension on the hammer until the trigger is pulled. The one on the right is the stock one. You can get one from CSS like the one the left.

Yep. I just completed my order for the replacement from CSS.

It's really not that hard to fix. You jam something small and metal inside the receiver and shove the BHO plate out of the way so the bolt can move forward, take the fucker apart, reposition the leg of the spring so that the BHO works again, and then bend the shit out of the spring leg so it doesn't slip off again.

tried the jamming of small metal things for a few hours. swore a lot. couldnt fix.

called RAA. they were very helpful and willing to send a shipping label to have me send it to them free of charge for fixing. they treated me better than sig sauer ever did. props!

i'll wrestle with it some more before sending it to them.

tried the jamming of small metal things for a few hours. swore a lot. couldnt fix.

called RAA. they were very helpful and willing to send a shipping label to have me send it to them free of charge for fixing. they treated me better than sig sauer ever did. props!

i'll wrestle with it some more before sending it to them.

I couldn't get the BHO to move at all either. I eventually just pushed the retracting mechanism back as far as I could and used two small screwdrivers to slide it up and out. Be careful when it's almost freed of the stop cuz it will fly across the room or into you...

Well it has to be a substantial small metal thing. :lol:

I used a steel machine shop 6 inch scale. I couldn't find a screw driver small enough and I couldn't find anything else sturdy enough. It's not an amazingly hard thing to fix. Though I guess that's easy to say after you fix it.

Comrade! Use bigger hammer to fix gun :haha:

Sorry it just sounded like part of the bad english in the instruction manual

Best way I've found to get that bugger back in there is with dental floss. Thread it through the loop in the spring, then drop the free ends through the BHO slot. Pull down on the string to get the spring tensioned down into place then push the pin in.

Managed to get the BHO extracted enuf to get the bolt forward. Not easy. now i have to re-find the thread about how to put the spring back on the BHO and/or figure out if the spring is upside down. thanks for the help !

Hope this is easy enough for you to find...