The Ultralight boom stick

c2ec742507ec12396368680.jpg 6d7e7adc2f3512396371140.jpg

The rubber Magpul pull-assist can store one round to quickly "pop" in an empty mag.

....... the handle.......and the stock tube are hollow.

-lots of space for anything!

135 lumens for 3.5hrs too.

Fenix P3d seems like a great light to try later!

Thanks for the comments

....after the stock tube foam gets beat up, I want to do the "para-cord deal" wrapped around the tube.

Edited by Benelli M4 SPAS12 user
c2ec742507ec12396368680.jpg 6d7e7adc2f3512396371140.jpg

The rubber Magpul pull-assist can store one round to quickly "pop" in an empty mag.

....... the handle.......and the stock tube are hollow.

-lots of space for anything!

135 lumens for 3.5hrs too.

Fenix P3d seems like a great light to try later!

Thanks for the comments

....after the stock tube foam gets beat up, I want to do the "para-cord deal" wrapped around the tube.

How much does it weigh?

Edit:

Now that i think about it... how much does mine weigh...

Edited by Nailbomb

Its the 24" barrel version.

Whats a light stock saiga 12, 24" weight w/o magazine? (I never did a before & after).

I can get a rough est., but I would rather wait for a better scale. (really avg. bathroom scale here).

Im after a 19" next, than I can have 2 saigas, with the insurance of spare parts.

I kept it 24" because I wanted to hit things with a slug from afar.

At 40-60 cents per slug, I frown with a missed slug shot.

Edited by Benelli M4 SPAS12 user
... I kept it 24" because I wanted to hit things with a slug from afar. At 40-60 cents per slug, I frown with a missed slug shot.

Sorry, Buckshot and slugs reach their maximum acceleration from a 18" barrel. As a matter of fact the extra length of your long barrel might impart drag, costing you a few FPS.

There is a reason that military and law enforcement guns run 18" to 20"...

... I kept it 24" because I wanted to hit things with a slug from afar. At 40-60 cents per slug, I frown with a missed slug shot.

Sorry, Buckshot and slugs reach their maximum acceleration from a 18" barrel. As a matter of fact the extra length of your long barrel might impart drag, costing you a few FPS.

If he gets a poly choke it'll do a number on turky, and waterfowl though...

I agree that a Military shotgun would be just plain shorter in general.

It never occurred to me that the 24" would hurt anything other than shorter tactical stuff.

Most accurate hunting style shotguns sport the longer barrels.

Maybe we'll see what others can share on the topic of smoothbore slug's accurracy in the 24" vs. 19" Saiga 12 shotgun.

• 1 year later...

PA,

How is length of pull with that set-up? I know the pignose and folding stock adapter take up a little room. The SOCOM on my E-Tac build has a 1" recoil pad, so I use it fully collapsed. In light of that, I have been thinking of getting the short UL stock or maybe the ARFX-E. I would be installing it on an FN TPS, not a Saiga (for now) and I would like to keep it to a manageable length.

PA,

How is length of pull with that set-up? I know the pignose and folding stock adapter take up a little room...

My S-12's total length of pull, (lop is set by cutting this stock's tube to the desired length), is ~14.5" ; including the adapter, folding mech, and 1" Ace recoil pad, (great pad btw). This length works very well for me on a 12-ga, I wouldn't want it any shorter.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

So how is the stock holding up? I wondered about the Ultralight's durability under shotgun recoil.

I'm sure it's holding up fine. I've used one on my S-12 for over a year with no issues.

Shoot any slugs with that stock? I was thinking about getting that a while back and recall seeing one vendor website that stated they don't recommend using this stock with slugs.

How is length of pull with that set-up? I know the pignose and folding stock adapter take up a little room.

I have the stock in question on my Saiga 12. The folding mech adds about 1 inch to the length. I found the LOP of the uncut stock to be a bit long so I took it down a couple inches.

Shoot any slugs with that stock? I was thinking about getting that a while back and recall seeing one vendor website that stated they don't recommend using this stock with slugs.

I shoot 3" slugs on the regular, no issues at all.

So how is the stock holding up? I wondered about the Ultralight's durability under shotgun recoil.

I'm sure it's holding up fine. I've used one on my S-12 for over a year with no issues.

Yes, hundreds... no problems or accelerated wear of any kind.