Saiga .308 Mag Adapter

MSA will not be developing the Saiga .308 mag adapter

After months of agonizing pain....... we have "turned every rock" to get the absolute best design possible. In this quest we realized for this to be 100% perfect we had to reinvent the wheel. So after many product meetings and late night design parties we have called it quits on a "Mag Adapter" for the Saiga.308. I know, I know you are all wanting to scream and hurt someone (namely me). In short, Deal With IT! :smoke:

For those of you still with me.............. we went a entirely different direction that is going to change a lot of the the way you look at adapters. While this concept is still in testing, we won't divulge any information about it until final production costs are calculated and testing is concluded. :haha::smoke:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blows..............

Eh. The last posts I read on this subject said the mag adapter was going to require modification to both the rifle and the magazine. That pretty much made me completely uninterested anyway. We have new production metal mags coming soon plus FBMG mags going back into production.

Blows..............

Eh. The last posts I read on this subject said the mag adapter was going to require modification to both the rifle and the magazine. That pretty much made me completely uninterested anyway. We have new production metal mags coming soon plus FBMG mags going back into production.

"Blows"

What, the fact that you have no clue as to what is about to happen or did you even read the end of the post?

"mag adapter was going to require modification to both the rifle and the magazine"

Let's revisit the above post "we went a entirely different direction".

Jesus, you people are to damn touchy about this .308 adapter.............................. Drink a beer and lighten up a bit.

Blows..............

"Blows"

What, the fact that you have no clue as to what is about to happen or did you even read the end of the post?

"mag adapter was going to require modification to both the rifle and the magazine"

Let's revisit the above post "we went a entirely different direction".

Jesus, you people are to damn touchy about this .308 adapter.............................. Drink a beer and lighten up a bit.

Nathan - like I said on the other thread - you are dealing with a lot of pent up emotions here. We 308 folks are feeling like 2nd class citizens y'know.

Ok.... Let me put it this way, if everything keeps going like it is you all will have the cheapest alternative to mag versatility with no modifications to the rifle. Let me highlite the key points again..... Cheapest alternative and no modifications. If that is not something to get happy about I don't know what is.

Ok.... Let me put it this way, if everything keeps going like it is you all will have the cheapest alternative to mag versatility with no modifications to the rifle. Let me highlite the key points again..... Cheapest alternative and no modifications. If that is not something to get happy about I don't know what is.

Wow!!!!!!

A bear hug is in order!!!!!!

Intriguing... hopefully you will be able to divulge what mags we should be stocking up on soon. From your description, it sounds like it will take G3/CETME mags, which would be awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work in making this happen. This is the only thing prevent many people from buying a S308 in the first place. Hell, RAA should be paying you for doing this :P

Quit talking in riddles, are we gonna get cheap hi-cap 308's or not? :haha2:

With no mods to the rifle, that would be quite an acomplishment.

No mods to the rifle... Hmmmmm, if I'm not mistaken that rules out HK, FAL, DPMS and M14, assuming of course that the mags aren't modded as well... sounds to me like our man has a trick or two up his sleeve.

This is worth waiting for IMO.

I fucking love you.

My "blows" comment wasn't directed in your direction. I was looking forward to this and it fell through, there for I vented.

Believe me, I know how you feel, I too wanted to see a safe and functional adapter. All the time and development put into this so far yielded nothing I was comfortable taking to production. What I like about the current project is the ability to cross over into other rifle platforms is not limited.

What adapter are you guys talking about? Is it one that you attach to the Saiga to be able to use AR (223) Mags? If so sounds like a good idea especially since you can get 223 30 round mags for $15 each... Yeah we 308 guys have to pay out the arse for parts......... GL

This is a interesting concept but what I do not understand is what mag would you be using? I mean the only high-cap mag or mag period available is the surefire mag but you do not need an adapter for it, no other mags work with the Saiga 308 rifle... Was this to convert a G3 or FAL mag to use in a Saiga 308? Thanks GL

MSA will not be developing the Saiga .308 mag adapter

For those of you still with me.............. we went a entirely different direction that is going to change a lot of the the way you look at adapters. While this concept is still in testing, we won't divulge any information about it until final production costs are calculated and testing is concluded. :haha::smoke:

Having just purchased my 308, and still agonizing over the 500$ for 10 mags, this statement has made me wet, and not in that moist way but that OMG get a towel kind of way. Please post more!!!!