Hi, I just bought a new Saiga 7.62X39, 20.5inch barrel rifle and I have two questions.

I read the entire manual and I couldn't find the answer to the following question. How do you adjust the front sight post and what tool should I use?

Can it be adjusted to the left-right as well?

It looks like I need to twist the post with a pliar in order to higher or lower the post, but how would you move it to the left or right?

I know it sounds like a dumb question but I really don't want to mess up my first new rifle (thats right...my first rifle).

Second question, is there a website that details how to zero the saiga? Are there any Saiga fansites with loads of info on the rifle?

Thanks for the time guys. :killer:

You may have to use a hammer and a brass punch to tap it from the side to break it loose before you can move it wit a sight tool. Are you sure it needs adjustment. It's new isn't it? Here's a link to a good sight on AK s of all types. Very informative. Look in the Russian Rifles section for Saigas. Welcome to the forum.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/index.htm