PG conversion leaving Trigger Group Pins intact.

Linky

I tried to post his pics but they are dynamic...

Basically he cut the factory FCG off the pins and installed a G2.

Looks slick to me.

Indeed! I will do my x39 and 223 that way then. He did it with air cutter, but dremel cut off tool should work just as well, right?

Linky

I tried to post his pics but they are dynamic...

Basically he cut the factory FCG off the pins and installed a G2.

Looks slick to me.

First of all, hot linking is discourteous at best. Please save images you find elsewhere and host them on ImageShack or some other hosting site that offers free hosting.

Second:

It may have been done before but i have not found it. I did my Saiga 12 PG conversion without removing the factory Trigger Group Pins. It took me a little longer to do it but it looks factory.

saiga12right.jpg

saiga12top.jpg

saiga12topwithlines.jpg

Saiga12left.jpg

As you can tell, I used tapco FCG, SAW grip and Tromix bolt in trigger gaurd.

I disagree with the ARFcommie, because 'factory' Saiga 12s with pistol grips don't have "Klinton pins" in them in the first place.

I think it looks like @$$. The guy went through a lot more work than he needed to to get to that point.

I think his point is that there aren't holes in his receiver with little plastic plugs, or just open holes, or he didn't have to do any welding/grinding/painting there.

Not a terrible idea, and it hardly looks like ass.

Also, hotlinking to a thread in another forum is fine. Linking directly to the photos is definately poor web ettiquette. Best way to handle it is to link directly to the forum thread. No need to copy and rehost the same images. That's a waste of internet resources.

I think his point is that there aren't holes in his receiver with little plastic plugs, or just open holes, or he didn't have to do any welding/grinding/painting there.
No, just the bottom.
Not a terrible idea, and it hardly looks like ass.
Everyone has an opinion :)
Also, hotlinking to a thread in another forum is fine. Linking directly to the photos is definately poor web ettiquette. Best way to handle it is to link directly to the forum thread. No need to copy and rehost the same images. That's a waste of internet resources.

"Hotlinking" does not apply to URLs, just files (usually images). He did link directly to the forum thread. What happens next year when the image hosting account goes bye-bye? No more pix in the arfcom thread.

Wasted resources? I don't think so.

Edited by nalioth