LOOKING FOR A LIGHT!!

What are you all running for a light on your S12?? Bob Ash need not apply (your set up is F'n badass) Looking for some thing small bright and long run time... Would like some thing with tail cap button and 1" round body.... So post some pics and specs of what you are running!!

-COS

I picked up one of these but won't fit your 1" requirement. 37 hours on low power. I have a smaller mount on order I need to try, probably more like .70-.75 instead of 1" Says pocket light but is built solid, am going to try it mounted.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sue1bbaleddu.html

They run sales sometime, got it for 110 couple of months ago.

Edited by Wotan1105

Light products fenixp3dce03.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qbORxrUWcI...re=channel_page

Fenix P3D AA lights or CR123 series

The Fenix P3D CE Premium Q5 is a high-tech, rugged tool that's perfect for any lighting application. It features six levels of output, which not only allows the user to select the best compromise between brightness and runtime for any given task but also has ability to aid in an emergency. What's more, the Fenix P3D CE Premium Q5 throws an awesome 215 lumens beam, an incredible amount of light for a light of any size. If you're looking for a flashlight with solid reliability, digitally regulated brightness, and compact size, this Fenix is for you.

Features:

• Utilizes a Premium (Q5) Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours

• Two modes (6 types) of output, generation/turbo selected by turning the bezel (patented)

• General Mode: 12 lumens (65hrs) -> 53 lumens (13hrs) -> 120 lumens (4.8hrs) -> SOS

• Turbo Mode: 215 lumens (1.8hrs) -> Strobe

• Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness

• Low Battery Indication

• Uses two 3V CR123A batteries (not included)

• 11.4cm (Length) x 2.1cm (Diameter)

• Made of aircraft grade aluminum

• Durable Type III hard anodized finish

• 49-gram weight (excluding batteries)

• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard

• Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating

• Push-button tail cap switch

• Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle

Package Includes:

Fenix P3D-CE Premium Q5 Flashlight (Black)

Belt Pouch

Lanyard

Extra O-Rings

Spare tailcap boot

Sorry, not really the best on a S12.

Edited by Benelli M4 SPAS12 user

I have the ITP C10. Got it at a gun show for 55 bucks, new in the box. Bright as shit and love the features. It has infinite adjustable brightness. strobe light, and SOS signal light. I use it in the 1 inch adjustable angle CAA mount. Love that too!!

http://www.itplight.com/product_show.asp?id=170

LED type:Cree 7090-XR-E Q5, life span up to 50000 hours

Reversed polarity protection

Made of aerospace grade aluminium alloy

Ergonomic design for various functions

Hard finish with Type Ⅲ anodization

Reflector:half smooth and half orange peel

Optional adjustment for any brightness and keep memory function,selects any output level from

6lumen to 230lumen and lockout present memory

Working voltage,range from 3.0V to 8.4V

Compatible for 2*CR123A,2*Rcr123A

Constant current output control system

Forward switch,illumination and momentary-on modes

Size: L 120mm(4.72'') ,D 27mm(1.06''), W 100g(excluding battery)

post-16426-1239744487_thumb.jpg

post-16426-1239744833_thumb.jpg

Having been in the military, I'm a big advocate of Surefire lights. They are crazy durable. Problem is, it'll cost a ton extra to get one with an integral rail system.

I got this on my S-12 and it's holding up pretty good. Not too pricey either.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_lightmount.html

Can anyone comment on what it's like getting target aquisition with the lights on Strobe? I had someone shine one in my face while it was still fairly light out and it really Fk's your day up. I can see where it might have a practical purpose, just wonder what it's like from the operators end in the dark?

I've got a Streamlight TLR-2 on mine (mounted on a Izhmash picatinny handguard). It's f'ing awesome! With your hand on the grip your index finger can just reach out and flick the switch (momentary or constant). The TLR-2 is a laser and a light or switchable to only laser or only light. Quick disconnect mount too. Shooting stuff with the stock folded and the laser going is too much fun! Got it on eBay for about $250 new, they're on there all day long for that price.

Can anyone comment on what it's like getting target acquisition with the lights on Strobe? I had someone shine one in my face while it was still fairly light out and it really Fk's your day up. I can see where it might have a practical purpose, just wonder what it's like from the operators end in the dark?

I have not found it to be a problem for targeting purposes. The strobe effect is worthwhile in my opinion for disorientating a suspect. I have one on my M4 and have been happy with it.

I bought an aluminum 6 watt LED one inch light at Frys recently for $44. I have been happy with it on my AK. I wish I could give you the name by my girlfriend has chunked the blister pack! :angry:

Here is my light,

It is a Spiderfire--300 lumens cree light. 5 modes- 100% power, 80% power, 50% power,

strobe effect and S.O.S mode. 1" Dia., Aluminum, o ring sealed, metal tactical bezel(the prongs.)

Can be used for defense. Good rugged light and bright. CR123 batts, 3,2,1 your choice.

This light is like getting 3 lights in one. Awesome light. Has a spring to add to the bulb for

shock cushioning. Cost me $59.00 I also ordered a pressure pad for the light

cost me another $13.00. Here are some pics.

Beagle12

post-13135-1239779208_thumb.jpg

post-13135-1239779242_thumb.jpg

post-13135-1239779271_thumb.jpg

post-13135-1239779304_thumb.jpg

What are you all running for a light on your S12?? Bob Ash need not apply (your set up is F'n badass) Looking for some thing small bright and long run time... Would like some thing with tail cap button and 1" round body.... So post some pics and specs of what you are running!!

-COS

A Dorcy K6 or K2 model. Run time is like over 2 hrs, has 200-220 lums, is cheap $50.00 and built exactly the same as the 300 buck military flashlights. The K2 has an endcap battery led red/green for battery life remaining.

First off thanks for all the info guys!!

This is the mount I want to use... The Mako ergo grip one with triger!! I am looking for something that will work with the mount below that will not stick out to far I like Bob with out all the skills want something that is compact but will produce a bright light with a long run time!!

I will be buying this pistol grip mount and install a Surefire G2 LED light. Still waiting on parts to finish my conversion so I can't test anything until it gets done.

post-16079-1239746701_thumb.jpg

Here is the link

http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-fla...ght-holder.html

I like this one as well because of the way it brakes down to a shorter light... I am sure this effects run time but I do like the size.. Would like that the only thing protruding from the above mount would be the light fixture it self...Where could a guy get some thing like this??

Here is my light,

It is a Spiderfire--300 lumens cree light. 5 modes- 100% power, 80% power, 50% power,

strobe effect and S.O.S mode. 1" Dia., Aluminum, o ring sealed, metal tactical bezel(the prongs.)

Can be used for defense. Good rugged light and bright. CR123 batts, 3,2,1 your choice.

This light is like getting 3 lights in one. Awesome light. Has a spring to add to the bulb for

shock cushioning. Cost me $59.00 I also ordered a pressure pad for the light

cost me another $13.00. Here are some pics.

Beagle12

-COS

A Dorcy K6 or K2 model. Run time is like over 2 hrs, has 200-220 lums, is cheap $50.00 and built exactly the same as the 300 buck military flashlights. The K2 has an endcap battery led red/green for battery life remaining.

This sounds good too!! Thanks again for all the options!!

-COS

The spiderfire I got from fleabay. Took about 10 days to get it but then

I waited for over 2 months to get something from ACE. The light is

well worth the money and it is LED.

This light is bright. I have it attached to my S12 in the 2 battery configuration with

the pressure pad.

Beagle12